• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44fire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Beech Grove
    A friend of mine just purchased a S&w 9mm M&P 2.0 without a safety but now wants a safety and saw that it can be added to the gun. Does anyone have any recommendations as to who could add this for him on the southside of Indy?

Jt22453

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    Greenwood
    JM Gunsmithing over by Shoot Pointe Blank in Greenwood. I have had him do a couple different things for me in the past and his rates were reasonable. Seems like a pretty good guy and talked with me about some other projects for awhile when I picked up my gun the last time. He would be who I would ask.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    A friend of mine just purchased a S&w 9mm M&P 2.0 without a safety but now wants a safety and saw that it can be added to the gun. Does anyone have any recommendations as to who could add this for him on the southside of Indy?

Part of me is wondering if you just put it in the classified section as WTT for 2.0 "with" safety. You could probably find someone looking for a 2.0 without the safety.

Even trade and no out of pocket.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Contact Simon6101 (Kenny) here on INGO. He is an S&W armorer and works part time at Bradis. He should be able to tell you what needs to be done and if he can get the parts, etc.
    I've had him install sights on M&P's and do some other stuff in the past. He knows M&P's and is generally super responsive.

No gunsmith needed for this kind of work. An armorer can do it. I know the safeties can be removed easily enough. Not sure about putting one in, but Simon6101 will let you know.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    Part of me is wondering if you just put it in the classified section as WTT for 2.0 "with" safety. You could probably find someone looking for a 2.0 without the safety.

Even trade and no out of pocket.

I would bwlieve that many folks might want a carry pistol with no manual safety! Put a trade ad in INGO

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I removed the safety on my 5" 2.0 and installed the frame plugs. The safety is one piece and has small spring. It took longer to find the youtube video than it did to do the job. Watch the video and decide for yourself.

44fire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Beech Grove
    Thanks everyone for the info. I apologize for the slow response but I finally got a little time to log in after a few days. I believe he has been in contact with Jeff from JM Gunsmithing but is dealing with a crazy work schedule so I'm not sure where he is with it. I appreciate the different options from everyone.

Top Bottom