• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Look up noreen billet resources and check reviews. Not saying these are those, but cheap billet recievers dont have a good track record of off being in spec

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Look up noreen billet resources and check reviews. Not saying these are those, but cheap billet recievers dont have a good track record of off being in spec

Good point. If they say built in house and mil-spec demensions, I'm sure if one wasnt they would replace it without issue.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Good point. If they say built in house and mil-spec demensions, I'm sure if one wasnt they would replace it without issue.

Meh then you gotta ship one back then go through another 4473. Cheap costs to much time. Sons of liberty gun works lowers are built by zev and can be had under 100 on sale. Bobcat armament has great lowers as well for under 100 that you'll not have to worry about getting replaced.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

Meh then you gotta ship one back then go through another 4473. Cheap costs to much time. Sons of liberty gun works lowers are built by zev and can be had under 100 on sale. Bobcat armament has great lowers as well for under 100 that you'll not have to worry about getting replaced.

Guess ill try one and let you know how fitment & performance are. Appreciate the positive energy bro, really for a budget build im thinking its worth the chance.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Sending positive vibes your way. I've helped send 2 noreens back, back to back. Same issue with the holes not being true for the trigger pins. He was at 50 dollars in transfers and the last one was free because the shop owner felt bad lol. Hope its g2g.

Edit

"All function but blemish is in the buffer retainer hole was drilled a little off. Some are cerakoted and some come in the raw finish." Could be fine or it could lead to a buffer spring and weight impeding your ability to disassemble the rifle, which is only fun to do the first time when you're making fun of your friend for using a cheap lpk that's retainer busted on the first trip out. It's not fun to be the friend getting made fun of (it was me, and my Anderson lpk and my buddy mercilously wrecking me for being cheap while we fixed my gun) If the retainer is off enough to call it a blem I'd be wary or at least familiar with fixing buffers that enter the receiver.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    to many $49.99 1st run in spec lowers out there to roll the dice on a $29.99 lower thats a blem!
    I'm all about budget builds but if the "budget" cant support another $20 for the core of the build ( we are talking lower receiver here, the heart) then maybe building an AR really isn't in the budget.

Please report back though, I'm curious how they work.
    And for the record, I've got 4 builds using Noreen upper and lower components and while all work flawless they did have slightly off center buffer retainer holes.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    to many $49.99 1st run in spec lowers out there to roll the dice on a $29.99 lower thats a blem!
    I'm all about budget builds but if the "budget" cant support another $20 for the core of the build ( we are talking lower receiver here, the heart) then maybe building an AR really isn't in the budget.

Please report back though, I'm curious how they work.
    And for the record, I've got 4 builds using Noreen upper and lower components and while all work flawless they did have slightly off center buffer retainer holes.

Where yours all from the same run? Did you buy them in bulk? I ask because when we had our issues it was like you could see the different runs and track the warranty/complaints probably down to who was running the mill that week. There has to be good ones, and the 3rd was acceptable with no noticeable misalignments, but he spent enough on transfers to have stepped into a much better receiver.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    All four were bought on the same order. I believe they had to come from the same run as 2 were consecutive serial numbers and the other two were within 50 digits of those two.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    All four were bought on the same order. I believe they had to come from the same run as 2 were consecutive serial numbers and the other two were within 50 digits of those two.

Yeah, glad you got it worked out. I'm glad i learned with someone else's money lol. Ive gotten top know some of the manufacturers on a casual level so i don't mind spending a little more knowing they will get it right the first time.

Asdf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Reno
    For 30 bucks, I'm going to do it.

If it's not right, gives me an excuse to use some tools

I agree. It's cheap enough and your willing to break out the tools, go for it. They do look rather rough and need of a good going over, but nothing hand tools couldn't clean up.

Top Bottom