• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I am in need of gunsmith around Indy to work on my high power match rifle. Who is competent and won't mess up my match rifle?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    We're gonna need to know what the rifle is before making good recommendations.

AR?

Model 70?

T2k?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ray Saltzman out of Tipton , he builds and works on some killer custom bolt guns and 20 inch AR's for 1000 yard matches

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    +1 for Ray Saltzman. But I thought I heard he may have been cutting back or not doing much work anymore. Anyone else have updated information?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    +1 for Ray Saltzman. But I thought I heard he may have been cutting back or not doing much work anymore. Anyone else have updated information?

He got his manufacturers licence and has been a very busy man lately. I am one of the lucky few he still takes random work from thankfully

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    We're gonna need to know what the rifle is before making good recommendations.

AR?

Model 70?

T2k?

Sorry forgot to include that. It is an AR. Need new barrel installed and swap gas block and tube from old barrel. The upper needs heated to get barrel on/off.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Whose float tube setup is on the upper? Frank's? John's?

I have tooling for Frank's Match tube, and some Service Rifle tools, but I don't have John's or Medesha, etc.

Sorry for all the particulars. It's just that there are a LOT of proprietary bits on competition ARs.

Too, Match Rifle float tubes are usy pretty easy to work with. A2 float tubes can be a real PITA.

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Whose float tube setup is on the upper? Frank's? John's?

I have tooling for Frank's Match tube, and some Service Rifle tools, but I don't have John's or Medesha, etc.

Sorry for all the particulars. It's just that there are a LOT of proprietary bits on competition ARs.

Too, Match Rifle float tubes are usy pretty easy to work with. A2 float tubes can be a real PITA.

Yeah it is a 220 thunderbolt by John

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Sorry, I was referring to John Holliger, owner of White Oak in Illinois. John Scandale does not make his own float tubes...he uses Holliger's and Geissele and...?

But say, if you're worried, why not just ship it over to Scandale real quick?

He's fast as shi#&.

It might be helpful if you just posted a photo of the upper. If it's Frank's (CLE) tube, I can do it for you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom