• ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Does anyone know if there are stores around that sell 80% AR lower kits, and jigs?

Not that I would ever buy one :>)

Thanks,

Ron

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Sorry if this is a derail....but seems 80% lowers are nearly as much or more as finished lowers . Seems this market is just for people that want either highly modified lowers or people that want to avoid imperial entanglements. Am I missing something ?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Sorry if this is a derail....but seems 80% lowers are nearly as much or more as finished lowers . Seems this market is just for people that want either highly modified lowers or people that want to avoid imperial entanglements. Am I missing something ?

Nope, that's pretty much it. I never understood why it costs more to buy an unfinished product.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I am certainly not imperially entangled and never expect to be, and I most certainly have no interest in whatever a "highly modified" lower may be, I can barely mill one out correctly. I have no idea what the difference between fun switch and really fun switch is internally. Jack Bauer could sit me down to get the info out of me and I couldn't give it to him because I don't know it.
    The appeal to me comes down to the fact that every part is picked out, ordered, and fit by me, from the mill to the cerakote. I can't even argue that big brother doesn't know what I have because of internet orders of LPK, bolts, etc.

I would suppose the reason an unfinished lower is about the same is because they can, due to the market forces from people wanting to avoid the FFL.

DC1711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 9, 2018
    Auburn
    Sorry to have asked. I have had this lower for some time and lack the tools and expertise to complete it. Just wanted to build up another AR in a different cal.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Nope, that's pretty much it. I never understood why it costs more to buy an unfinished product.

Coming from someone that that has worked on race cars for 18yrs that have gone 330mph in a 1/4 mile and 500 miles on an oval, I enjoy seeing a finished product that my hands built.
    Knowing I ordered all the parts needed, assembled all the parts, milled the lowers, trimmed the brass, poured the right amount of gun powder, seated that bullet to the correct specification, loaded that magizine with my ammo, and pulled the trigger and hearing a load BANG.
    Thats why I pay more.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Coming from someone that that has worked on race cars for 18yrs that have gone 330mph in a 1/4 mile and 500 miles on an oval, I enjoy seeing a finished product that my hands built.
    Knowing I ordered all the parts needed, assembled all the parts, milled the lowers, trimmed the brass, poured the right amount of gun powder, seated that bullet to the correct specification, loaded that magizine with my ammo, and pulled the trigger and hearing a load BANG.
    Thats why I pay more.

I can certainly appreciate that.

Top Bottom