• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I just bought an FN Hi Power at an online auction site and I didn't realize that when they said "without the bushing" they really meant it. I asked them if that meant that it was not the protruding "Hog Nose" design slide but I never received a reply. Assuming that was the case about the bushing I purchased the pistol.. As it turns out the silver soldered, in place bushing has been removed from the slide. Are there any smiths here that can find a replacement bushing and install it in my slide. I know I can send it to Cylinder and Slide and they wcan mill the slide and install a screw in bushing but besides not wanting to spend the nearly $400 for the procedure, it might take as long as a year to get the gun back. Probably have to have the slide refinished as well. All thoughts appreciated.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If C&S can machine it and install a screw-in bushing, maybe give Allen M a call over at Diamond Collision, find out if he can do it and what the cost might be. He's done work for me, and I'm happy with it.

Top Bottom