• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    So I built a 9mm AR pistol with a PSA upper and a Spikes lower with mag block for Colt mags.

I am reloading my own 9mm with TightGroup and the reloads have always been a bit dirty but have always been accurate for me so I haven't wanted to change.

Now running them through the AR they are coming out VERY dirty and I have had some split jackets.

I am thinking I need a heavier buffer/spring and/or a spacer in the back of the tube to slow the bolt down....does this make sense?

If so what are you guys using on yours to help slow things down??

Also I believe I currently have a 5oz buffer?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I am thinking I need a heavier buffer/spring and/or a spacer in the back of the tube to slow the bolt down....does this make sense?

If so what are you guys using on yours to help slow things down??

Also I believe I currently have a 5oz buffer?

First off I'm assuming you are using a carbine length buffer tube.

You need to be using a 9mm length buffer or a spacer in the buffer tube to keep from beating the crap out of the bolt catch if your setup uses it for the last round hold open. Either of these will limit bolt travel to just behind the bolt catch.

I have a glock mag lower setup and use the KVP 7.5 oz buffer along with the KVP extra power buffer spring and a blowback type 9mm bolt. This setup works well for me with no signs of opening up too soon.

Top Bottom