• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iceberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    fort wayne
    I need an experienced AK-47 gunsmith, preferably near Fort Wayne. I'd like to have some work done on my Century Arms c39 AK 47 pistol. it's the original version of the gun that has a milled receiver and that god-awful shark-fin front site. I'd like to either have a detent pin installed on the front sight or replace it all together with a regular AK-47 front sight / gas Port that has the detent already built in.

The main issue/reason why I want this replaced it is because I'm struggling to get screw on muzzle devices to stay on the gun. either I'm not using the right Crush Washer, enough torque or what. But the flash hider keeps walking off after several rounds cause theres no detent pin to keep it in place.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    A "good experienced" AK smith wouldn't touch a C39, or a RAS or I.O. for that matter
    Any that I know wouldn’t recommend touching one. They probably would for money tho.

I’d say DA, but I’m certain they have a backlog, if you get the parts that are needed it should be a simple process, remove pins, press old parts off, press new ones on.

iceberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    fort wayne
    Flexbar Rockset looks like a good idea if its not permanent. Id like option to change muzzle devices down the line if i want. Thanks!

Last edited:

iceberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    fort wayne
    Any that I know wouldn’t recommend touching one. They probably would for money tho.

...it should be a simple process, remove pins, press old parts off, press new ones on.

True. But Im just worried about changing the gas block myself without special tools and experience or firsthand help. Havnt had a single problem with the gun in the 1200+ rounds and dont want to mess up gas system just cause i wanna throw on a cool new flash hider. Lol

Top Bottom