• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    When working the slide as if chambering a round, the hammer does not reliably stay cocked - it follows the slide home. In general, replacement parts are not readily available for these guns, so the smith will likely have to work with the existing parts. Please recommend a smith that you would trust for doing this kind of work.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sear spring I good shape?

Have you worked the hammer without the slide on it to try and diagnose the problem? It may just be something simple. :dunno:

I had a similar issue with an AMT .30 Automag. Sear spring first and if that fails, part it out and recoup your costs. When I pulled mine apart, I found it LIKE a 1911 (but NOT a 1911), there was not enough meat on the hammer hooks to even warrant file and crossed fingers. The smith I brought it to only supported my fear. I did, however, end up selling the parts for more than I bought the thing for and use the frame as a paperweight, lol.

If your local smiths are coherent enough around 1911s, they MIGHT be able to help, but if the sear spring doesn't help, not alot going on for you unfortunately. They're great guns... until they are not...

Top Bottom