My First Stippling Effort...(Nailed it?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • levancuthbert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Carmel, IN
    After assembling my first custom Glock, I knew I wanted to have the frame stippled up like all the Glock photos I drooled over. In looking up the prices to do so with most companies (and myself having years of polymer experience building kydex holsters), I decided I would do the damn thing myself. So I bought a dedicated woodburner, and had at it! I did all the undercutting, accelerator cut, index points, etc...simply by looking at photos and doing my best to duplicate it. About 7 hours later, I had finished it with MUCH higher quality than I thought I would be able to, especially for my 1st attempt. So, I'm now going to even offer doing so for friends who want theirs done! How do you think it turned out?

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpg
      IMG_4261.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 216
    • IMG_4253.jpg
      IMG_4253.jpg
      52.9 KB · Views: 195
    • IMG_3807.jpg
      IMG_3807.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 195
    • IMG_3803.jpg
      IMG_3803.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 207
    • IMG_3797.jpg
      IMG_3797.jpg
      74.4 KB · Views: 189
    • IMG_3795.jpg
      IMG_3795.jpg
      58.4 KB · Views: 168

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That looks good. Did you start with a low temp iron and work the temperature up until you got the divot size you wanted?

I'd like to do a few spots on my 1st gen Steyr M40 but I want it to be pretty subtle.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I met Levan last weekend up at Wildcat, saw his glock in action and had the privilege of handling it. That stippling is amazing, pictures do not do it justice! The texture has tons of traction but not overly abrasive, very consistent depth & nothing poking your hands. The cuts for your support hand are really smooth, and the index points on the left really give you a deep cavity to apply pressure (TWSS). Trying to decide which Glock I want to Gucci out next, but will definitely be reaching out to Levan!

Levan, looking forward to see more of your work! You should reach out to AllenM on here, swing by Diamond Collision and show him your skills. Would be a great person to collab with, he's truly an artist with his gunsmithing & probably knows a lot of guys looking for well executed custom grip work on polymer, even on 2011's. If you see his workshop & wall of pictures of his projects, you'll be inspired!

After assembling my first custom Glock, I knew I wanted to have the frame stippled up like all the Glock photos I drooled over. In looking up the prices to do so with most companies (and myself having years of polymer experience building kydex holsters), I decided I would do the damn thing myself. So I bought a dedicated woodburner, and had at it! I did all the undercutting, accelerator cut, index points, etc...simply by looking at photos and doing my best to duplicate it. About 7 hours later, I had finished it with MUCH higher quality than I thought I would be able to, especially for my 1st attempt. So, I'm now going to even offer doing so for friends who want theirs done! How do you think it turned out?

levancuthbert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Carmel, IN
    I met Levan last weekend up at Wildcat, saw his glock in action and had the privilege of handling it. That stippling is amazing, pictures do not do it justice! The texture has tons of traction but not overly abrasive, very consistent depth & nothing poking your hands. The cuts for your support hand are really smooth, and the index points on the left really give you a deep cavity to apply pressure (TWSS). Trying to decide which Glock I want to Gucci out next, but will definitely be reaching out to Levan!

Levan, looking forward to see more of your work! You should reach out to AllenM on here, swing by Diamond Collision and show him your skills. Would be a great person to collab with, he's truly an artist with his gunsmithing & probably knows a lot of guys looking for well executed custom grip work on polymer, even on 2011's. If you see his workshop & wall of pictures of his projects, you'll be inspired!
    Thanks a lot for the kinds words man! I haven’t logged into INGO for so long, apologies I’m just responding. I actually got my FFL and do stippling as a part-time business now. My work has improved drastically also. Check my website out, the business is called Firearm Surgical. Reach out to me and I’d be happy to do some work for you.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Wow nice work. I'm sure you can do this on any polymer handgun.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    Great work! Especially staying focused to see it through over 7hrs! I’m sure it was a labor of love, but what a payoff.
    Glad to hear you’ve turned it into a business. Congrats!!

Top Bottom