Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Arrow My First Stippling Effort...(Nailed it?)

After assembling my first custom Glock, I knew I wanted to have the frame stippled up like all the Glock photos I drooled over. In looking up the prices to do so with most companies (and myself having years of polymer experience building kydex holsters), I decided I would do the damn thing myself. So I bought a dedicated woodburner, and had at it! I did all the undercutting, accelerator cut, index points, etc...simply by looking at photos and doing my best to duplicate it. About 7 hours later, I had finished it with MUCH higher quality than I thought I would be able to, especially for my 1st attempt. So, I'm now going to even offer doing so for friends who want theirs done! How do you think it turned out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Good job man! Especially being a first go at it. This may be the motivation and inspiration i needed to try and do the same to my G19.
    now get off my property...

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Very nice!
    Excellent job.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Nice work! Looks great!

Hop

User Info Menu

That looks good. Did you start with a low temp iron and work the temperature up until you got the divot size you wanted?

I'd like to do a few spots on my 1st gen Steyr M40 but I want it to be pretty subtle.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I met Levan last weekend up at Wildcat, saw his glock in action and had the privilege of handling it. That stippling is amazing, pictures do not do it justice! The texture has tons of traction but not overly abrasive, very consistent depth & nothing poking your hands. The cuts for your support hand are really smooth, and the index points on the left really give you a deep cavity to apply pressure (TWSS). Trying to decide which Glock I want to Gucci out next, but will definitely be reaching out to Levan!

Levan, looking forward to see more of your work! You should reach out to AllenM on here, swing by Diamond Collision and show him your skills. Would be a great person to collab with, he's truly an artist with his gunsmithing & probably knows a lot of guys looking for well executed custom grip work on polymer, even on 2011's. If you see his workshop & wall of pictures of his projects, you'll be inspired!

Quote Originally Posted by levancuthbert View Post
    After assembling my first custom Glock, I knew I wanted to have the frame stippled up like all the Glock photos I drooled over. In looking up the prices to do so with most companies (and myself having years of polymer experience building kydex holsters), I decided I would do the damn thing myself. So I bought a dedicated woodburner, and had at it! I did all the undercutting, accelerator cut, index points, etc...simply by looking at photos and doing my best to duplicate it. About 7 hours later, I had finished it with MUCH higher quality than I thought I would be able to, especially for my 1st attempt. So, I'm now going to even offer doing so for friends who want theirs done! How do you think it turned out?

User Info Menu

Nice work, OP. It looks excellent.