Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

1st AR build. Headspacing.

Looking for someone to check the headspacing of my ar build and look it over to see if they see any problems. It is my 1st build and has a used upper but a new bcg and lower. Thankyou.

User Info Menu

An expert told me that without good Headspace, you will create a choke point.

.....believe me, my hooker knows what she's talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Go shoot it OP. You're fine

Plinker

User Info Menu

Will do. Thanks nyleRN. You may resume your card game.

User Info Menu

I've built several AR's, and I've never checked headspace. I've changed barrels and bolts, and haven't checked headspace.

It doesn't hurt to check, but as long as you're using quality parts, everything will fit properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

Expert

User Info Menu

Headspace is as simple as a 'Go/NoGo' gauge set.
    There *Might* be one floating around with the loner tools section.

The bolt will lock freely on the 'Go' gauge,
    But won't lock on the 'NoGo' gauge.

Simply call anyone recommended and see if they have a headspace gauge set, no sense in driving if they don't.

User Info Menu

Funny how everyone worries about headspace except for the AR platform
    I'd venture to say 90% of all assembled AR's have never been and better yet those that assemble them don't even know what it means
    Now that that has been said what would you do to remedy it if there were an issue?
    Long and short if its made to specifications no worries, if not you are just fireforming cases.
    the design really doesn't matter.
    And don't get me started on 5.56 vs .223 as it's another NON ISSUE
    Farmritch aka. Moes Harness Rifleman,Commoman,Av8tor & A plethoria of worthless information.

User Info Menu

Pull the trigger....
    I only issue I ever had with a build is reloads I made, the case neck wasn’t correct.

Plinker

User Info Menu

It worked out great. A member here offered use of their go/no go gauges and it checked out just fine. I now have about 500 rounds through it problem free. Sorry for the late update and thankyou for your help.

User Info Menu

Fire one round. Check the fired case in a case gauge. Shoot many thousands more cartridges.

Red Fire 372

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast