• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2013
    NE Indy
    I just acquired a late 1800 Winchester 1873 rifle in 32cal. It has lever droop and the trigger flops, but it will cock (if the trigger is pushed forward) cycle and fire. I checked the prices for replacement parts and was surprised that the parts were available and not that expensive.

Who can you recommend to fix these issues? I am located in Indy. Thank you

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Here's some pictures of the internals. Never worked on one personally so be leery of what I'm saying lol. This program I'm using has help me a lot in the past with other firearms its pretty accurate, but not truly 100%.

For your lever droop Id assume there's something going on with the spring and cam on the lever. You can see there's a raised ridge and once the spring passes this ridge it holds on the flats.

I9mNJpg.jpg

vCXY0fv.jpg

found a thread about it on another forum

[url]https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/275252-winchester-1873-miroku-my-internal-pics-and-tweaks/

[/URL]
    oFePhLG.png

27uq5Su.png

As far as the trigger pushing forward and firing, something is going on with the hammer and sear. Hard saying what exactly it is without having it on hand.

E4QWPPN.jpg

GZmYBhm.jpg

Hope this helps.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ^ Good post and this covers what you are looking for. I've worked on my own and you are correct, parts aren't that hard to find or expensive.

Original rifles in decent condition on the other hand get pricy. The 32-20 is a real reloaders cartridge, if you don't reload already it's a good reason to start. The cartridge has a lot of potential.

Top Bottom