Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Getting Ruger 22/45 threaded.

I have a Ruger 22/45 with a bull barrel I'd like threaded and the front sight set back (since it would need to be moved). Not being able to put my Q El Camino on it just seems like a waste.

I sent out an email to the only smith I know in the area of NW part of the state and didn't hear back... he specializes in precision rifles, so I assume he isn't interested.

I know AllenM in the central part of the state does great work, but is there anyone in the NW that can do it where I could just drop it off and pick it up?

I'd just get a Volquartsen upper for it... but in three months I'd buy a new grip assembly for it, end up with two guns, and be back where I started.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

I can’t help on the gunsmith part.

For the cost of having it threaded and the sight moved, you won’t be far from a new Tactical Solutions upper. Another option is pick up a 22/45 Lite upper, Wirthwein usually has them in stock. The Lite upper may be cheaper than having the barrel threaded.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

https://www.infiniteproductsolutions...k/MK3-1228-BS/

now i have no experiance with this product!!!!but it seams cheaper than threading and moving your front sight, and i did what aero suggested, i just bought a tacsol pac lite upper!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post

now i have no experiance with this product!!!!but it seams cheaper than threading and moving your front sight, and i did what aero suggested, i just bought a tacsol pac lite upper!
    Neat product concept and I’d love to thread my 4.5” Hunter with something like that, but it sure looks like it would mar the finish.

Also, that site openly advertises oil filter adapter kits...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    I can’t help on the gunsmith part.

For the cost of having it threaded and the sight moved, you won’t be far from a new Tactical Solutions upper. Another option is pick up a 22/45 Lite upper, Wirthwein usually has them in stock. The Lite upper may be cheaper than having the barrel threaded.

Actually, TacSol is what I meant to say in my original post, not Volquartsen.

I'll look into the Lite upper, but I really don't want two uppers because they'll end up two handguns and I will still want them both threaded.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post

That thing looks like you would stand a great chance of eating up your can due to misalignment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones223 View Post
    That thing looks like you would stand a great chance of eating up your can due to misalignment?
    I’ve seen them run on rifles without any issues. Just have to make sure you have it lined up appropriately and keep it tight.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Actually, TacSol is what I meant to say in my original post, not Volquartsen.

I'll look into the Lite upper, but I really don't want two uppers because they'll end up two handguns and I will still want them both threaded.
    I had a similar conundrum that I solved by selling the extra uppers. Any new uppers I purchase will be for the MkIV since swapping them is quick.

Or buy an entire lite model and then have the bull barrel cut way back and then threaded.

Ot sell the one you have and pick up a threaded MkIV. This may end up having a similar out of pocket cost, depending on the model you pick.

User Info Menu

Ot sell the one you have and pick up a threaded MkIV. This may end up having a similar out of pocket cost, depending on the model you pick.
    This might be an option.

Now that I've looked at the range of MKIV handguns I don't really see anything that appeals to me. There is no blued bull barrel with threads. I really don't care for the Lite models that much (unless they make one without all the cut outs in the aluminum barrel I just don't see).
    Last edited by Gabriel; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:06.

User Info Menu

. Any new uppers I purchase will be for the MkIV since swapping them is quick.
    I wish I had mk4's ive got 1-mark1, one mark2 22/45 and 2-mk3 22/45's and one paclite upper, when I got the paclite, it would mount on one 22/45 frame sloppy loose, and really really tight on the other!, and on the sloppy loose frame it'd jam like crazy! but that's the one with all volquartsen parts in it! (1.5# trigger)

I called tac sol, and talked to colt (I hear he's left the company), and he told me how to fix it, or I could send it to them and they'd do it, since it involved hitting it with a hammer, I was glad to send it to them and let them do it! (it's a custom matte blue! I showed you pics when you stopped in the shop), it was gone about a week, and it shoots like a dream now!

I can pop it on and off in no time, but still not as easy as a mk4 will!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast