• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Can anyone point me to the JP part number for a lighter disconnect spring for my 2 stage RR AR trigger? Is it the one that comes in their regular AR trigger spring kit?

Please don't recommend that I send the trigger back to RR. That's not what I'm asking. At this point in time I can't afford to have the trigger out of the gun for that long. It's worth the risk for me to do my own work in order to minimize the down time.

Thanks!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Shortening that spring reduces the pull weight. Take off 1/2 turn and it is now a 3 1/2 pound trigger. I have been doing this for many years. There is no downside.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    That's the plan. I'd just like to have a spare or two as back up. On occasion I've had small parts thrown across the room by power tools, never to be found again. I've also found that having a few spares and a backup plan is a good way to keep Murphy from showing up at all. ;)

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Pulled the trigger out tonight with the plan to take half a coil off the spring. Noticed that the front face of the disconnect had a matte/mill finish. Decided to start off by stoning that instead. WOW what a difference that made!!! It's like a whole new trigger! Almost as good as my 2 stage Jewel.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My experience as well. Many advocate the 250 dollar trigger which will remain nameless. I have been using the 100 dollar two stage RRA trigger for a long time on all of my AR pattern rifles, service, match, precision. It is, by far, the best trigger available. My opinion obviously.

Add a Wolff extra power hammer spring and enjoy the benefits of reduced lock time with no increase in pull weight. I have tried the Jewel trigger and literally waited for the hammer to fall. I have one in a plastic bag and have not found the person I dislike enough to give it to. I could never sell it to anybody.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    For a match trigger, I do like my Jewel better, mainly because everything on it is adjustable. I like the fact that I can turn it down for more precise work, or turn it up to meet the 4lb requirement for a service rifle match. With where my Rock River, it's now way too light for a service rifle match, but just about right for what I'm looking for.

Top Bottom