• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Nice, but where's the vent hole for a fuse?

I turned two 1/2" bore cannons from round stock when I was about 13 years old. A thimble full of black powder with tightly packed wading sounded like a shotgun firing. My neighbors put up with a lot. It was a different time than today.

I have no idea what happened to them but I suspect mom threw them away as soon as I left for college. I lost several things of value to me that way.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    MIAqWdR.jpg

And remember, point the arrow away from you.:):

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had a little brass barreled one. I'd pack it full of powder and paper towel or newspaper bits. Had a nice pop to it.

Pesky neighbors yelled at me and called the cops. Sadly used it as trade fodder at a gun show.

Uncle had one as well. He stuck his against the front porch for detonation. Split the wood carriage it rides on like an axe.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My first job out of high school was at a machine shop. We had BIG lathes. We also had a big pile of large diameter, steel seamless tubing the building's previous occupant had left behind. The shop's owner was going to scrap it all. A guy who worked there got a wild hair to build a cannon. Not just any cannon, a model 1861 10 pound Parrott Rifle, at FULL scale.:n00b:

It was amazing. It had close to a 3", fully rifled bore. The carriage wheels about 5' in diameter. I never got to see it fire, but people who did said it was epic.

Top Bottom