• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I pull the slide back and lock it in position, pop a loaded magazine into the pistol, hit the slide release, the pistol loads a round and the hammer follows the slide down to about half cocked. If I pull the hammer back it cocks the hammer. I squeeze off the loaded round and the pistol fires, slide comes back, loads another round and again the hammer closes down to just above the firing pin but is not cocked. I pull back the hammer it cocks I squeeze the trigger and it fires.

I dissembled the pistol all the way down. Completely cleaned and oiled and greased the pistol anew. Checked everything, again. Took it to the range, same results. Using NATO ball 124 grain, Then Federal 115 grain ball. All with same results.

Can it it be the sear and the hammer being worn enough that when the pistol is operating after being fired, the parts are not “catching” each other. Any ideas?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Gentelmen, Thank you! i wanted second opinions to confirm my suspicions. I'm going to replace the suspect parts and safety check the whole pistol before firing the pistol again under very carefully controlled outdoor range conditions.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Gentelmen, Thank you! i wanted second opinions to confirm my suspicions. I'm going to replace the suspect parts and safety check the whole pistol before firing the pistol again under very carefully controlled outdoor range conditions.

I would definitely test it with snap caps before using live ammo. If you are not comfortable in doing the repairs, or aren't quite sure, I would highly suggest letting an experienced gunsmith take on the job. While you'll pay a little more for the labor, it'll be done and done correctly.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ^ This for sure.

That sort of problem shows up on the broomhandle mauser and can empty the magazine without warning.

Top Bottom