• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Wondering if there are any gunsmiths familiar with working on the Ruger MK series 22 target pistols - specifically the MKII and original 22/45s that were produced in the same time frame.

What I need is to have my Volquartsen sear and trigger installed - thought about doing it myself but not that familiar with doing anything with the MKII series.

If there is anyone out there that has done the work what will the cost be?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Um.... Under the barrel?
    Trigger. It's kind of a curvy flapper doohickey surrounded by a roundly thing.
    It's all complicated stuff. You wouldn't understand.

Your answer has triggered me!!

[video=youtube;9-k5J4RxQdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-k5J4RxQdE[/video]

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Location?

NE to North Central IN , FT. Wayne , Muncie even the Indy area.

I did one of the full upgrade kits for the spouse. Not really all that tough. YouTube is your friend

Yeah I watched the one YouTube tutorial where this young girl appears to perform the sear install. I have little patience dealing with tiny springs and working in tiny spaces. But I may look at a few more tutorials.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ......I have little patience dealing with tiny springs and working in tiny spaces. But I may look at a few more tutorials.

A tip for that. Put the piece your working in a gallon (or larger if needed) Ziploc bag. Do the small spring work in the bag. If the spring flies away, the bag will give you a better chance to find it again.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    A tip for that. Put the piece your working in a gallon (or larger if needed) Ziploc bag. Do the small spring work in the bag. If the spring flies away, the bag will give you a better chance to find it again.

Nice tip - I'll keep that in mind.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I've done this with assembling certain guns especially when you know it's one of those springs that can fly across the room. I think most of us have been there when springs take off and you freeze.... so you can hear where it lands but it still can take some time to recover. Music, TV or noisy families can make hearing the springs hit much more difficult.

Oh....
    And definitely make sure it's a "See-Through" bag you are using.
    If you don't have a see-through bag, don't just "Make Do" with whatever bag you do have.

Assembling a gun by Braille in a tall white kitchen bag is not an appropriate alternative.

b9cd5wx.jpg

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Don't really need to put the gun in a plastic bag to contain springs. The springs are small and not under a lot of pressure. Check youtube. Once you have disassembled a MK2 frame, it is not difficult to reassemble. Does help to have a slave pin or extra punch when assembling/disassembling the hammer pivot pin, but this does not need to be removed to install a new trigger and sear.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    NE to North Central IN , FT. Wayne , Muncie even the Indy area.

Yeah I watched the one YouTube tutorial where this young girl appears to perform the sear install. I have little patience dealing with tiny springs and working in tiny spaces. But I may look at a few more tutorials.

Take this for what it is.....the on I watched had a 12 year old girl doing the parts fitting.....:):

Top Bottom