• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I am currently working with a company to order me a Sig Legion 10mm and mount a Trijicon RMR on the top. I have never had a gunsmith do anything like this and apparently there is more to it then I thought. Anyway long story short they asked me this questions and I have no clue what they mean.

That will work, as far as the machine work goes, do you want the slide refinished after and do you want co-witness height sights?

I do not want the co-witness sights but have no idea what they are talking about refinished?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    The metal on the pistol is “finished” with a coating, to keep it from rusting, to put it simply. When the company cuts into your slide to make a mounting surface for the RMR, this will remove the finish that was previously on that surface area. They are asking if you would like the slide to be refinished in a certain way, ie hot caustic bluing, parkerizing, slow rust bluing, hard chroming, nitriding, pvd, cerakote...i believe most of sigs handguns are nitrided, but am not sure about the legion models. Having them refinish the pistol might add some cost that you werent forseeing, but they will probably give you a discount on the service versus if you decided you needed the refinish later on, after having the work done. There are methods to refinish at home, but none will have the durability of nitriding, or hard chrome.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I am pretty sure the legions are gray cerakote but not sure. I would want it to look the same as from the factory

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You should look up Sage Dynamic's YouTube Channel. Aaron Cowan is THE MAN when it comes to dots on pistols. So much so, that if he says something, it's akin to being Gospel.

If it's not gonna be a carry gun, however, I'd probably not worry about it (just like having BUS on a rifle).

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I spoke with Sig the other day and they
    recommended having Parker mountain machine do the work. I’ve been talking with them about doing the pistol from start to finish

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I spoke with Sig the other day and they
    recommended having Parker mountain machine do the work. I’ve been talking with them about doing the pistol from start to finish

That is your call of course but there are any number of quality Smith’s around to do this work.
    Sig most likely sends work to them o. Agreement.

Pics when it’s done please.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    might have to look into this company. These other guys are super slow to put numbers together

You should look up Sage Dynamic's YouTube Channel. Aaron Cowan is THE MAN when it comes to dots on pistols. So much so, that if he says something, it's akin to being Gospel.

If it's not gonna be a carry gun, however, I'd probably not worry about it (just like having BUS on a rifle).

Top Bottom