• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought this used a few years ago and just stored it away. So I get it out yesterday to loan to the SiL for his pheasant hunt. I was showing him how to operate it and found out first that I could not push a shell into the magazine. I took the forearm and barrel off and realized this isn't as simple as my 1100 is. I did push down on the mag spring from the top and it seemed to be operating okay. Put it back together and shell could go in now, but there is a metal part on the right side inside the receiver and it appears to be sticking toward the middle more than it should. It absolutely shreds the side of the plastic hull they go in and out. So I guess I will be taking it to a local gunsmith to see what he can do.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    if you feel reasonably confident about disassembling the gun, i would do so, thoroughly clean out the magazine tube, and if you can replace the magazine spring and follower(this is just something i would do, the gun being used, but not really pertinent to your issue i think.) sounds like this is an issue with the “feed latch”, a part that is staked in to the receiver and can become loose with time, or worn. See if its got some wiggle to it, looks damaged or worn....if you drop the trigger group and this part falls out, then its a sure sign it was loose!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Hmmm, follower was stuck, shell stop sticking out.
    Sounds like the dreaded WD40 as lube.

The gun is basically an 1100 with an adjusting gas system (on the bbl).
    Not all 1187's had pressure compensating bbls (target and maybe deer models).

Side pieces coming loose (stake fail) is no big deal and won't hurt function.
    The receiver is grooved to hold them, and the trigger group pins maintain position in the grooves.

Just an annoyance when cleaning, putting back together.

Its either got something stuck behind it, or is gummed/shellacked..........or bent. If bent somebody was in there prying around and usually there's other evidence of it.

Of course being an 1187, it could just be a lemon. They put out a bunch of bad ones at the start.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Gunsmith looked it over. He said the "interceptor" appeared to be a bit loose and the end was bent. So he is going to change it out. I asked if not being able to insert shells into the magazine would be related and he gave me a "maybe".

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I bought a used 1100. Had new trigger group and bolt. Non reg sold it to my LGS. Figured out why
    ....it was a single shot.

Put some $ in it he did, and it wouldnt run.....so dumped it without disclosure.

Interceptor was missing the snap ring. Would wander out a bit and hang up incoming shell.

Cheap fix for me lol.

Killed a few doves w that rig. Ran fine.

Top Bottom