• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I have a Dewey rod, epoxy coated steel. I expect to use it the rest of my life.

It fits pretty tight in bore of my CZ455 though. A little too tight, some of the epoxy has been shaved off. Not the fault of the rod necessarily, it glides right through my 10/22.

Never owned a Tipton. Not for any particular reason but I certainly don't have the need to own anything else now.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have a Dewey rod, epoxy coated steel. I expect to use it the rest of my life.

It fits pretty tight in bore of my CZ455 though. A little too tight, some of the epoxy has been shaved off. Not the fault of the rod necessarily, it glides right through my 10/22.

CZ recommends using rods for the .17HMR when cleaning their .22 rimfires due to their bores being tight. That's why you are seeing the coating get shaved off of the rod in your CZ.

I have Dewey and Tipton rods.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I don't like using rods/brushes for my 22s or my airguns. I take some weed wacker line, cut one end at a 45 degree angle (to pierce a cleaning patch. I use a 1" square patch) and cut the other end at 90 degrees. Take the 90 degree and melt with match or lighter and once melted, flatten against a flat object. That end will hold a patch.

I clean my 22s and airguns with that. Use solvents and oil as you normally would. I read a long time ago brass brushes may harm the rimfire barrels. It certainly is not good for the softer airgun barrels. Also, saves money that would be spent on a rod and brushes. If you feel you must use a brush, I suggest using the nylon brushes.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I like to use a bore snake.....my bores come very clean but not "squeaky clean"....but then again I personally do not feel a .22 needs to be "squeaky clean "

Aaron

Top Bottom