Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Restocking a Mauser sporter rifle

I have a Mauser 98 sporter in 25/06 cal. E.R.Shaw heavy sporter barrel. I would like to find someone in the southern part of the state that could fit the rifle in a new stock. The current stock is the older California type with oversize flat forearm and Maple tip/pistol grip cap ugly and heavy. I dont have the new one at this time so suggestions on where to find and who to trust to do a proper job appreciated. Thanks

User Info Menu

I'm not south... but I do have a suggestion... one that will be a drop in.

Hogue OverMolded.
    You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Expert

User Info Menu

Check out Richards Microfit stocks. I have bought several stocks from them over the last 20 years and have been very happy with them. Make sure to check out the closeouts. I picked up an exhibition grade english walnut stock that was marked down to $89 from $479 because of a small flaw in the grip area.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Been offline due to failed hard drive. Appreciate the responses. Will definitely check out Richards. Hogue overmolded stocks just never have appealed to me. I prefer a classic sporter profile stock. Would love to find a competent person to finish inletting and bed the action in a walnut or synthetic stock. I have even considered shipping the barreled action out to be done. Thanks again

User Info Menu

check out BOB Mason ,Elkhart In ph 574-875-6637

" Everybody in the world is ignorant.....Just about different things."