• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kmaroman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    North Vernon
    So I just today picked up a ruger Hawkeye long range in 300wm. Well before it was even here I ordered a couple things for it, one being a trigger. to be exact a rifle basic ru-vt, as I sat trying to install it the sear would never catch the trigger unless I ran the over travel screw all the way in but at that point I I can’t pull the trigger.

As I’m looking closer the ru-vt says models mkll varmint/target and that it replaces the 2 stage trigger.

In my head it makes sense that it should fit my hawkeye being it is the long range “target” and a factory two stage trigger.

are my assumptions totally off and this trigger isn’t going to work? I emailed rifle basix and will wait to hear there reply impatiently

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Mk II. I bought the RB trigger for a Mk II. Fit like a glove. The Hawkeye has a much better trigger than the Mk II ever did. I assume it is different. You need the RU MKII to replace the LC6 trigger, I'm thinkin.

Kmaroman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    North Vernon
    Wanted to update this in case anyone search’s in the future.

rifle basix got back with me ASAP the following day. In a brief few emails they went ahead and sent me a replacement trigger. That’s all it turned out to be was the original one I had received had a defect in some way shape or form.

so for future reference if you wondering what trigger to put in your Hawkeye long range target the ru-vt is the one. Cheers folks

Top Bottom