• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keith026

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    [FONT=&quot]Hello, I got my self into a little jam and I was hoping for some advice.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This is an old Galef/Beretta companion single barrel folding shotgun. I recently got this and it was about 20 years over due for a good deep clean. I'm having problems with the re-assembly.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The picture should help, the pin and spring, circled in green, needs to be pushed back so the takedown lever can slide in front if it. The pin/spring rests on the back of the lever.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My problem is I don't know how to keep the spring pushed back while sliding the lever down. I can push the spring back but then the punch is way so the lever would slide down. Any ideas on how I can re-assemble this?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The metal plate the level is sitting on slides forward and the lever goes through it. I slide it back to take the picture.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thanks!!

IMG_3904.jpg

[/FONT]

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Need to see the other pieces in relation to the plunger. If you can use the relief cut at the front of the hole to push the plunger back with a small punch to allow the other piece to get past the first half of the radius on the plunger you might be able to force it the rest of the way. But I don't know what you're trying to work around while you're doing all this.

keith026

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Here are more pics. I can try to take any picture needed.

I have tried using a 1/16 punch to push the spring back then quickly slide the lever in. I haven't been able to pull this off the plunger springs back before I can get the lever in place.

Sorry all the pics went sideways. I'm not sure what happened.

1) Spring is Removed and lever is fully seated in place.
    IMG_3921.jpg

2) Lever is sitting on top of the spring/plunger that needs to slide back.
    IMG_3925.jpg

3) Lever/block slide back and spring removed.

IMG_3928.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3927.jpg
      IMG_3927.jpg
      753.9 KB · Views: 5

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm guessing that you need a tool to press back the spring shaped something like this...

2k4bVFX.jpg

...or since the take down lever appears to have an angled bottom face, it may need to be oriented slightly forward of it's final position and pressed down and back at the same time to catch the front of the spring (you may still need to depress the spring with a punch while doing this).

keith026

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the idea. I'll see if I can create something like that.

The take down lever is rounded off on the bottom so it tends to slide across the spring instead of pushing down.

Top Bottom