Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

AK Builders in/around Indy?

Looking for a reputable builder in central Indiana who specializes in the AK family of guns. Would appreciate some personal references and/or rifle pics (feel free to PM those if you don't want to post on a public forum - I will delete after looking).

I'd rather work with someone localish instead of having to deal with shipping things.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I would talk to Greg (gunsmith) at US Defense Solutions. Iím not sure if he has experience with AKs, but he is friendly and seems to be well plugged into the building community.

User Info Menu

There several of us that build but we haven't had a build party in a 2 yrs. what are you trying to do? We might be able to help or at least steer you to the right direction...... Advanced weapon systems was the only real dedicated ak builders we had here but they moved away about a year ago.
    Looking for: East German Sigs, Czechpoint VZ-58 Pistol, Czech Mauser in 8mm

Plinker

User Info Menu

Have you reached out to AllenM yet?

Quote Originally Posted by IUKalash429 View Post
    Looking for a reputable builder in central Indiana who specializes in the AK family of guns. Would appreciate some personal references and/or rifle pics (feel free to PM those if you don't want to post on a public forum - I will delete after looking).

I'd rather work with someone localish instead of having to deal with shipping things.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Plinker

User Info Menu

What would be the best path forward to initiate another AK Build party / would a poll be in order?

I've always wanted to take the Rifle Dynamics class but didn't think it was worthwhile for $2K+

Quote Originally Posted by duffman0286 View Post
    There several of us that build but we haven't had a build party in a 2 yrs. what are you trying to do? We might be able to help or at least steer you to the right direction...... Advanced weapon systems was the only real dedicated ak builders we had here but they moved away about a year ago.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the leads, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by duffman0286 View Post
    Duffman - I have a couple stamped parts kits and barrels I wouldn't mind having brought back to life. I've been tinkering with the idea of investing in the tools to build my own but take pause, considering the availability of parts kits these days is a fraction of what it used to be. Just curious what my options are more locally.

Marksman

User Info Menu

just sell the kits and buy a couple of RAS's it be ok.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steif View Post
    just sell the kits and buy a couple of RAS's it be ok.
    You knew the rules!

Marksman

User Info Menu

If you do decide to build them, I have to look, but I have a couple of flats and a couple that are pre bent, but not drilled. I'm not sure what they are for at the moment..

Shooter

User Info Menu

You should contact one of the gun smith site supporters. Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast