• ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Looking for a reputable builder in central Indiana who specializes in the AK family of guns. Would appreciate some personal references and/or rifle pics (feel free to PM those if you don't want to post on a public forum - I will delete after looking).

I'd rather work with someone localish instead of having to deal with shipping things.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    I would talk to Greg (gunsmith) at US Defense Solutions. I’m not sure if he has experience with AKs, but he is friendly and seems to be well plugged into the building community.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    There several of us that build but we haven't had a build party in a 2 yrs. what are you trying to do? We might be able to help or at least steer you to the right direction...... Advanced weapon systems was the only real dedicated ak builders we had here but they moved away about a year ago.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Have you reached out to AllenM yet?

Looking for a reputable builder in central Indiana who specializes in the AK family of guns. Would appreciate some personal references and/or rifle pics (feel free to PM those if you don't want to post on a public forum - I will delete after looking).

I'd rather work with someone localish instead of having to deal with shipping things.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    What would be the best path forward to initiate another AK Build party / would a poll be in order?

I've always wanted to take the Rifle Dynamics class but didn't think it was worthwhile for $2K+

There several of us that build but we haven't had a build party in a 2 yrs. what are you trying to do? We might be able to help or at least steer you to the right direction...... Advanced weapon systems was the only real dedicated ak builders we had here but they moved away about a year ago.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Thanks for the leads, folks.

Duffman - I have a couple stamped parts kits and barrels I wouldn't mind having brought back to life. I've been tinkering with the idea of investing in the tools to build my own but take pause, considering the availability of parts kits these days is a fraction of what it used to be. Just curious what my options are more locally.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    just sell the kits and buy a couple of RAS's it be ok.

You knew the rules!

0rDQZ.gif

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    waaa2

If you do decide to build them, I have to look, but I have a couple of flats and a couple that are pre bent, but not drilled. I'm not sure what they are for at the moment..

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    CampingJosh and CrazyGunner - these are great links, thank you both! Road trip-reachable smiths who specialize in the AK family of guns.

Steif - I appreciate the offer but I'm more than likely going to go with a Childers or ReCreator receiver. Thanks though!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I wouldnt knock nodak spud receivers either ive build most of my collection off them and they are very high quality receiver..... but the same can be said about Childers and Recreator

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah, I'm also looking to get into building AKs. Noticed no AK build parties in a while. Granted not feasible at this current time. I will be ordering a bunch of tools from tothtool to do it over the summer.

I going to try the ReCreator receivers over Childers or Nodak Spud.

Top Bottom