• ...and so much more!
  • Jim5528

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I noticed some 1911 barrels are not marked at all and others are marked Match and some have KART on them. Not sure what the difference is

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I noticed some 1911 barrels are not marked at all and others are marked Match and some have KART on them. Not sure what the difference is

The barrels marked Match are "Supposed" to be the better offerings from the gun makers. "Supposed" to be.

Kart makes a seriously nice product. Couple this with a hand fit bushing and the results are a tack driver.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, it is sometimes hard to figure. Last I heard, Les Baer was still using Kart Match Grade barrels in his pistols, but they are all unmarked.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    I have a Kart NM barrel in my bullseye wadcutter pistol. I have documented 250,000+ rounds of lead swc target loads through it and it is still very accurate.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You won't find a Kart barrel in any factory mass-produced pistol. To shoot well, they are oversized and require fitting. Just because a barrel says Match or is stamped NM, doesn't necessarily mean it is capable of shooting very tight groups at relatively far distances for handguns. There are other custom match barrels on the market, but Kart is considered one of the better ones for a relatively reasonable price.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I installed a Kart XACT Fit barrel (often called an easy fit) in my Ruger SR1911 and it tightened the groups up considerably. I'm very happy with it.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I like Infinity Ultra Match barrels. All of my AllenM builds have them and they all shoot like lasers.

Edit.... I just checked and one build does have a Kart NM barrel in it. I think my Infinity barrels still shoot better...

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The fact is, the majority of handgun owners would never know the difference between a "bad" barrel and a good match barrel. They both shoot the same at the short distances that most shoot and the skill level of the shooter or lack thereof would be a huge factor. Now, if tested on a barrel tester or the gun tested on a machine rest at, say, 50 yards, the true match barrel will shine. Anything else is just speculation, for the most part.

Top Bottom