• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Considering purchasing a Glock and doing a 25 cent polish job on trigger parts and on my current Beretta APX Carry

Also been watching videos about polishing feed ramps and chambers to improve feeding and ejecting. All of my already owned guns function fine.

Don't think I would purchase a rotary tool for 2 guns but would probably purchase one for 12 guns.

Do many folks polish feed ramps and chambers on their guns for more efficient feeding and if ejecting?

What rotary tool and polishing accessories are recommended?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Do you really think polishing is necessary? Why not try dry-firing it a few hundred times and let the trigger polish itself? It's a Glock not a target princess. A precise trigger is not it's forte. As far as the feed ramp etc, shoot the thing with your choice of ammo and see if its needed. Why take a tool to a firearm that is more than likely just fine the way it is?

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I leave the feed ramp and chamber on Glocks alone. I do polish up the firing controls along with installing a Ghost EVO Elite connector and Ghost safety plunger spring.

I just watched this gent's vid on polishing Gen 5 parts with fingernail buffers, along with polishing compound and Qtips. Bought some fingernail buffers for me. :spend:

[video=youtube;q0soIbBuB5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0soIbBuB5E&list=PL-uc82tdU8iDO8ZUdkr2itq1rnRVMp_Aq&index=19&t=0s[/video]

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    I did this polish job to my 19X and then installed a Ghost Angel 3.0 connector bar, I did this after the first 1,000 rounds, now it has about just over 5,000 rounds through it. It was my only pistol for like two years, I shot mostly rifle while my range buddies shot mostly pistol. So the 19x saw some punishment for those first two years and I got the 19x right in the early spring when the shooting season starts but still shot it throughout the year even in the colder months at times. I will have to say it still has a bit stiffer trigger than my 1911 9mm ( of course it's a 1911). Even the IWI Masada trigger is a better at times, also the great trigger on the Taurus TX22, but I can still shoot that Glock really well, I did also replace the sight with Ameriglo I-dot Pro sights.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Considering purchasing a Glock and doing a 25 cent polish job on trigger parts and on my current Beretta APX Carry

Also been watching videos about polishing feed ramps and chambers to improve feeding and ejecting. All of my already owned guns function fine.

Don't think I would purchase a rotary tool for 2 guns but would probably purchase one for 12 guns.

Do many folks polish feed ramps and chambers on their guns for more efficient feeding and if ejecting?

What rotary tool and polishing accessories are recommended?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If it isn't broke and you can't complain about function, why risk changing stuff?

I know I don't have much room to talk as someone who compulsively takes things apart and puts them back together and tries to improve them but it's also learning from experience that changes don't always work out for the better.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    The best way to make a good gun give you trouble is someone with a Dremel. A wood dowel and 600 grit paper is all that is needed for feed ramps. Everything else 1000 grit paper and a backer block. You don't need to remove all the scratches they will hole lube on sliding surfaces.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How many stock Glocks have feeding problems? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you you just hardly ever hear of this in the Glock platform? Other platforms, sure maybe.

The infamous Glock $.25 trigger job was designed to be done by hand with q-tips and polishing compound. That would be the way to do your first half dozen or so Glock polishing jobs.

There are EXPERIENCED folks who can cut down on the time to do this with motorized tools. Keeping in mind of course, that these same motorized tools have ruined more guns than imaginable by those who don't know what they are doing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom