• DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Has anyone used these triggers?
    If so what is your take on them?
    Identify the model as well that you used.

I'm looking at triggers and ran across these seen lots of 5* reviews. Want to know what INGO thinks about them.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    For how much they cost they’re a good trigger. If you want to run them in a S&W 15-22 spend your money elsewhere cause they won’t work. If for a PCC you have to see if they’re take the abuse. Some guns like the MPX and MCX are hard on FCGs so with a certain amount of rounds the trigger group could be compromised

For $110 or less probably the best (maybe only) drop in AR trigger. For a little more Elftman, POF, Timney, Trigger Tech, and CMC have triggers.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have an RA-240 in one of my ARs. Works great. Trigger pull is nice and smooth. Price is decent, especially if you can catch a sale. I paid under $90 total(Shipping and tax included)for mine and it came with anti walk pins. Bought it from Optics Planet when they were running a pretty good sale

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm not sure which one I bought in a Black Friday sale a few years ago... But it didn't come with anti-walk pins. You'll need AW pins if you buy the version that doesn't come with them.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I'm not sure which one I bought in a Black Friday sale a few years ago... But it didn't come with anti-walk pins. You'll need AW pins if you buy the version that doesn't come with them.

Do use anti walk pins with a drop in, but if you look at the LARUE 2 stage that is pretty much all i use anymore and they have them on sale still also

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    I have one if your interested. Its a 140 straight trigger 3.5lb. Quite new. Drop in triggers can be testy if you miss adjust it or don't use loctite on the anti walk pins. There are better triggers out there but RA's are good and they are cheap. I wanted to try my hand at trigger polishing so I messed around with my OEM mil-spec trigger. I liked it so much I kept it in my rifle so the RA trigger is just sitting in my parts bin. PM me if interested.

View attachment 85094

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought a Larue trigger Monday its supposed to be here tomorrow. It's like Christmas in March. I can't wait to install it and try it out.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Got the Larue trigger in and installed it today. Took it out and shot with it. What a difference over a mil spec trigger. Very smooth, light pull. Love it already.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've got 2 of the Larue triggers and am very happy with them. Got them at a great price too! Sorry, can't speak of the Rise triggers since I don't have any personal experience with them.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Got the Larue trigger in and installed it today. Took it out and shot with it. What a difference over a mil spec trigger. Very smooth, light pull. Love it already.

I am a believer in the Larue 2 stage triggers, i can't keep them around my house someone always stopping in or calling wanting 1 or 2. and the price is awesome right now too. Is all i use now!!! So glad you pulled the trigger and tried one they are great!

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I know I’m late to the party on this post and that op has installed a different trigger, but I have a rise armament trigger in my ar9, the package said 3.5 to 4.5#’s it’s more like 2.5! I’ve also heard that ar15 triggers can go auto in ar9’s but it didn’t in mine, I wish I’d have bought a flat trigger instead (I purchased it at a lgs and they didn’t have any flat)
    I’ve read that the palmetto brand triggers are just rebranded rise armaments and are cheaper, but that’s in one of my race guns.

if I was making a precision rifle, I’d probably use a two stage, I have a rock river two stage and it’s pretty sweet!

Glad the op got a trigger he likes

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    They look nice and have good reviews. Very affordable. I picked up a triggertech on my first build and really like it, but I don’t have anything to compare it to.

Top Bottom