• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    I know this is a crazy thought, but I really like my compact 1911, but I would like to have full size grips on it. I know, I know.....that defeats the purpose of compact, but I like what I like, right? I've searched to no avail.....anyone have any advice on a mag well extender that not only looks good, but allows the use of full size grips?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know this is a crazy thought, but I really like my compact 1911, but I would like to have full size grips on it. I know, I know.....that defeats the purpose of compact, but I like what I like, right? I've searched to no avail.....anyone have any advice on a mag well extender that not only looks good, but allows the use of full size grips?

Which gun do you have as in model/make. Is it a Commander or a officers sized grip. There are offerings for booth.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Sig [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1911CO-45-NI[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sig's sight says 8rd mags, but my full size mags stick out noticeably . It came with 7 rd mags that don't lock into my full sized.

[/FONT]

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

If you have a compact model there really isn't any way to make the grip 'longer', you could add a magwell but that's not going to get you much more length and it's still going to use your compact grips.

Top Bottom