Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Compact 1911 magwell/ grip extender?

I know this is a crazy thought, but I really like my compact 1911, but I would like to have full size grips on it. I know, I know.....that defeats the purpose of compact, but I like what I like, right? I've searched to no avail.....anyone have any advice on a mag well extender that not only looks good, but allows the use of full size grips?
    I carry wherever I feel I need to because I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 ANYDAY!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vzdude View Post
    I know this is a crazy thought, but I really like my compact 1911, but I would like to have full size grips on it. I know, I know.....that defeats the purpose of compact, but I like what I like, right? I've searched to no avail.....anyone have any advice on a mag well extender that not only looks good, but allows the use of full size grips?
    Which gun do you have as in model/make. Is it a Commander or a officers sized grip. There are offerings for booth.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

Sig 1911CO-45-NI
    Sig's sight says 8rd mags, but my full size mags stick out noticeably . It came with 7 rd mags that don't lock into my full sized.

I carry wherever I feel I need to because I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 ANYDAY!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Grip length on the Sig is roughly 3.5" and the full size length is 4.15' give or take.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vzdude View Post
    If you have a compact model there really isn't any way to make the grip 'longer', you could add a magwell but that's not going to get you much more length and it's still going to use your compact grips.

User Info Menu

I posted about a new Colt awhile back. it has an officer grip with a magwell.