• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    Hello. I got a pt-22 a while back just to do some cheap plinking. It has since developed some feed issues and will jam if I fill up the mag. I’ve tried getting new mags but that doesn’t seem to help. Any ideas or thought on what i can do to eliminate this issue.

I’d get rid of it all together but my wife and daughter like shooting it. so they have requested it get fixed.

if anyone on here could do the work for a small fee that would also be considered.

thanks.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    1st. Don't fill up the mag and see if it acts differently. 2nd. try different ammo with a different bullet nose profile. 3rd. make sure you are not limp wristing it (generally not an issue with 22s, but eliminate it as a possibility). Tell us what ammo you are currently using, and exactly how it is jamming... failure to feed a fresh round, failure to eject a fired round, stove piping fired rounds?

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    It’s usually a feed issue. Jamming the rounds on feed and getting caught in the slide. It even kicks the rounds half way out of the gun sometimes on feed.

it stove pipes on ejection also. I’ve tried a couple different types of .22 rounds including hollow points and it doesn’t seem to matter which leads me to believe it’s a gun issue. Which is why I bought new mags but that didn’t help. Even if I half load mags it helps some but will still jam.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Keep one less round in the mag and feed it other than HPs.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If I am correct, the PT-22 is similar to the Beretta 21A and if so, speaking from experience with the Beretta, it does not like to run dirty. By dirty I mean not many more than 50 rounds fired and it doesn't always eject the next round. The Beretta is a blow-back ejection, no extractor so any dirt and no ejection. Used to be a favorite plinker of mine, but as it got older it got more affected by dirt.

Try a very thorough cleaning and see what happens.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    Ya idk. I’ve take the gun apart completey and cleaned it several times. It can be perfectly clean load one mag and jam after 3 rounds. Maybe the feed ramp needs polished or bad recoil spring or something? Idk...I’m just hoping someone can gimme the genius answer I don’t or hint though of.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If I am correct, the PT-22 is similar to the Beretta 21A and if so, speaking from experience with the Beretta, it does not like to run dirty. By dirty I mean not many more than 50 rounds fired and it doesn't always eject the next round. The Beretta is a blow-back ejection, no extractor so any dirt and no ejection. Used to be a favorite plinker of mine, but as it got older it got more affected by dirt.

Try a very thorough cleaning and see what happens.

the Taurus is DAO while the Beretta can be Single or double

that being said I’ve worked on several of the Taurus versions and they can be stubborn.

Just use the Taurus warranty and send it back

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    Does the warranty apply to me if I’m not the original owner? I purchased it at a gun show used. When I looked into taurus my understanding was that their warranty only applies to the original purchaser. Maybe I’m wrong and that’s not the case?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Hello. I got a pt-22 a while back just to do some cheap plinking. It has since developed some feed issues and will jam if I fill up the mag. I’ve tried getting new mags but that doesn’t seem to help. Any ideas or thought on what i can do to eliminate this issue.

I’d get rid of it all together but my wife and daughter like shooting it. so they have requested it get fixed.

if anyone on here could do the work for a small fee that would also be considered.

thanks.
    I had two of those in the past, and they were not bad, but not all that great either. I traded them off on a Browning Buckmark. Great .22 pistol.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Does the warranty apply to me if I’m not the original owner? I purchased it at a gun show used. When I looked into taurus my understanding was that their warranty only applies to the original purchaser. Maybe I’m wrong and that’s not the case?

You are mistaken.
    The Taurus warranty is good for the life of the gun, regardless of the amount of "owners" it's been through.
    I traded into a Taurus TCP380 that turned out to be a lemon.
    Sent it back under the warranty and Taurus replaced it free of charge.

Top Bottom