CZ EVO sights on an AR pistol, pros and cons?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Try it and see?

And, honestly, co-witness isn't all that big of a deal unless you're planning on actual fighting / war with your rifle. For that matter, BUS at all really don't matter unless you're planning on actual fighting (or earn a living competing).

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I agree with BR8818....

On guns where the stock height is even with the height of the upper receiver, you need raised sights. ON guns where the stock height is below the top of the upper receiver, you can go with low sights.

Case in point. I just bought a LWRC SMG-45. Is is AR like, but with no buffer tube. The stock is below the height of the upper. So when I took a Trijicon MRO off one of my ARs, the mount was WAY too high. I had to get a low mount for it.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    If your looking for fixed sights, UTG super slim fixed sights are a good budget option. I used a set on my last build.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Depends on your cheek really. I can use a RMR on a low mount on most ARs and it be okay. The Scorpion sights would sit a tad lower than that.

if I have the energy tonight I’ll pop a set off and stick on a rifle and see if I can use them

really I’m surprised they even have any at CZ considering most the scorpions now are shipping with Magpul MBUS

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Depends on your cheek really. I can use a RMR on a low mount on most ARs and it be okay. The Scorpion sights would sit a tad lower than that.

if I have the energy tonight I’ll pop a set off and stick on a rifle and see if I can use them

really I’m surprised they even have any at CZ considering most the scorpions now are shipping with Magpul MBUS

My Scorpions have the CZ sights. Something new?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just tried the Scorpion sights on an AR and.......

I greatly misjudged how low they are. If you can shoot an AR with those sights on them, you gots a tiny head. Hell they were even too low to come close to usable on my ACR

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Just tried the Scorpion sights on an AR and.......

I greatly misjudged how low they are. If you can shoot an AR with those sights on them, you gots a tiny head. Hell they were even too low to come close to usable on my ACR

:): I just finished the build this morning and tried the cheek weld. There's no way the CZ sights would work on this set-up, you're absolutely right! Oh well...

Top Bottom