• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I got a little something to keep myself busy for a couple days. Not really sure if it qualifies as a build, more like ar15 assembly than anything lol.

picked up a vz61 parts kit. Its in really good shape. Just one tiny little rivet needs to be installed on the front of the trigger guard. Might make a little fixture so I can get a pretty rounded head on the inside.

Always been intrigued by this gun, along with other iconic hollywood and video game guns. Truth be told I really dont think I've ever seen one in person. I'm definitely going to SBR it when I get around to the paperwork. Wouldn't be a scorpion without the wire stock.

I am being lazy and getting a receiver, not quite in the mood to do an in depth build like the M2 and glock slide at the moment lolol.

brKEIua.jpg

2rRfGlA.jpg

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It's been a long time since I've seen any of those kits available. Neat little guns. I always thought it would be cool to SBR one, so I'm glad to hear you are going that route and not fixing the stock in-place.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought the Škorpion (the correct spelling for that model) was cool, but anemic.

Then I found out they don't fit my left hand. :(

I demand a video of you shooting it with some background music.
    [video=youtube_share;6yP1tcy9a10]http://youtu.be/6yP1tcy9a10[/video]

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I thought the Škorpion (the correct spelling for that model) was cool, but anemic.

Then I found out they don't fit my left hand. :(

Well parts do come up easier now in the browser when I spell it with a "K"..... :ugh:

There's a reason why I'm a Toolmaker. Spelling and grammar isn't my thing lololol:):

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've had the chance to shoot a post sample Skorpion a couple of times. It's a blast. The things run so fast that the mag is empty before the shell casings start to come down.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I thought the Škorpion (the correct spelling for that model) was cool, but anemic. Then I found out they don't fit my left hand. :(

Less anemic in 9x18 Makarov. And you can get non-contoured grips. I still haven't shot mine as described to the left but kinda want to sbr it as well. Those wire stocks are super short though. I installed a fixed brace on mine and it is barely adequate length wise.

Oh, speaking of full auto...https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/416143-oops-i-bought-machine-gun.html

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Less anemic in 9x18 Makarov. And you can get non-contoured grips. I still haven't shot mine as described to the left but kinda want to sbr it as well. Those wire stocks are super short though. I installed a fixed brace on mine and it is barely adequate length wise.

Oh, speaking of full auto...https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/416143-oops-i-bought-machine-gun.html

Saw that they had a couple different calibers you could do. Generally I stick with original stuff though. I'm a little bit of a purist in that aspect usually.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I was lucky enough to shoot a Postie several years back. It was fun, but you definitely did not want to shoot it under cover! It ejects straight up and whacked the cover and blasted back down with some serious force! The one I shot had some custom
    ’stendo mags (two welded together) that held around 30-some rounds and yep, you could have the mag empty before the first piece of brass hit the ground!

I've had the chance to shoot a post sample Skorpion a couple of times. It's a blast. The things run so fast that the mag is empty before the shell casings start to come down.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

I was lucky enough to shoot a Postie several years back. It was fun, but you definitely did not want to shoot it under cover! It ejects straight up and whacked the cover and blasted back down with some serious force! The one I shot had some custom
    ’stendo mags (two welded together) that held around 30-some rounds and yep, you could have the mag empty before the first piece of brass hit the ground!

A decade (or two) or more ago when the skorpion pistol was fairly unknown in the West, Pete Kokalis had an article in Shotgun News about them. He said they were somewhat favored by professional hit men in South and Central America - very easy to conceal, minimal muzzle report, and a mag dump into the target took but the blink of an eye. Went something like like this: casually walk up to within mere feet from your target out on the street, produce machinepistol from under trench coat, mag dump, weapon back under trench coat, and then fade into the shadows of an alley. Pete spent some serious time in Central America doing training and consulting work, particularly El Salvdor, so he should know a thing or two about how they were used.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    A decade (or two) or more ago when the skorpion pistol was fairly unknown in the West, Pete Kokalis had an article in Shotgun News about them. He said they were somewhat favored by professional hit men in South and Central America - very easy to conceal, minimal muzzle report, and a mag dump into the target took but the blink of an eye. Went something like like this: casually walk up to within mere feet from your target out on the street, produce machinepistol from under trench coat, mag dump, weapon back under trench coat, and then fade into the shadows of an alley. Pete spent some serious time in Central America doing training and consulting work, particularly El Salvdor, so he should know a thing or two about how they were used.

Sounds like he had some first hand accounts

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville

Which brace do you have? I just got one chambered in Mak but have yet to try it. I have one of the brace adaptors but have yet to get a brace.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I have 9mak czechpoint version Im in love with it probarbly my favorite NFA item i own so far but i only have 4 items all SBR's.. Yes that wire stock is short and uncomfortable but its just so much fun to shoot. I bought the 9mak version because i didnt own anything in .32 or .380 for that matter (and that .32 is a pricely little round) but now i own a beretta 81 so i might pick up another one or at least a upper for this girl

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Sorry I've done a bad job keeping this one update. Truth is there wasn't too much to show lol. Other than forming a little rivet for the trigger guard is was like assembling an AR15.

I did end up making a fixture to form the rivet. Not my greatest work, but it got the job done and formed a decent rivet head.

NzqFEXb.jpg

TKyhFAW.jpg

GT4fKlh.jpg

k3i6SeL.jpg

WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    So what all did you have to do to put it together? Where did you get the receiver? I want to build one of these and yours looks excellent!

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    So what all did you have to do to put it together? Where did you get the receiver? I want to build one of these and yours looks excellent!

Recon ordnance is were the parts kit and receivers can be found. His parts kits are a little more than others on gunbroker, but they're beautiful kits. Honestly I really think they were Brand new guns that were demilled. With his kits the semi-auto mods are already done and the trigger guard rivet is provided. The rivet may or may not be in others kits and they're not easily sourced. He offers 100% receivers and 80%. unless you're handy will a bridgeport I don't recommend the 80%.

It's extremely easy to put together. Besides forming the rivet for the trigger guard, its assembly just like an AR15. If you can build a lego you can build these kits lol. The rivet is a very small 2mm. 2mm x 6mm solid steel domed head if I remember correctly. I was able to form it on a 2 ton Arbor press.

I will warn, there are very very small springs and detents, so pay close attention, keep your workspace clean or they WILL disappear. As small as the skorpion is, its actually got a decent amount of parts in it. There's a couple build videos on youtube also.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/873402269

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/873132363

Top Bottom