• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZebLocke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2013
    Anderson
    I took my newly inherited SBH out today and upon getting home and cleaning it I noticed the trigger spring plunger is contacting the back of the trigger at quite an angle. I'm new to the 3 screw game and wondering if this is normal?
    5252671e050f53c65455cdf3d7dd3ddb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    It appears as though the trigger is further forward than normal, indicating something amiss internally.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The one in the OP is a three screw, pre-transfer bar safety model. So don't carry it with a round under the hammer.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Mine is a new model so no help.
    I would advise against sending to Ruger if you want to keep it pre transfer bar.
    If you were closer this way I would suggest 2 bare arms in Etna Green, (I've never been there) I hear they are pretty good with single actions, cowboy stuff. Maybe find a SASS near you and see who they recommend.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    it has not been updated with the transfer bar. I would prefer to keep it that way so I dont know about sending it back to Ruger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It does no harm with Ruger doing the free upgrade, all original parts are returned to you....
    Its a win win to have it done...

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Hello..... with your fingernail or a small screwdriver does that pin push up and down freely within the hole? You said it was at half cock in that picture? If so the trigger swings forward a bit thru the cocking cycle until it sweeps back..... Hold the revolver on its side after you have fully unloaded the cylinder and cock it and watch the movement of the trigger. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Suggest highly that you have Ruger upgrade the gun. Or sell to collector and get you a new one. Today’s manufacturing is the best.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Load one.... skip one.... load four.... pull back hammer and rest hammer on empty cylinder.... holster and carry. I’ve owned both old model and new model super Blackhawks and the new models do not hold a candle to a pristine old model

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Load one.... skip one.... load four.... pull back hammer and rest hammer on empty cylinder.... holster and carry. I’ve owned both old model and new model super Blackhawks and the new models do not hold a candle to a pristine old model 若

interesting. Glad you like your old model. I’ve went through about 15 old ones and 12 new ones since 1967. I had some very good ones and not so good ones. Never did care for the Zinc Content in the older ones. I like steel better. Also couldn’t keep the aluminum ejector rod after about 1000 41 Magums. TheY used to braise a female stud into the barrel that eventually had to be drilled and tapped. Lost a few front sights as well. Never cared sloppy trigger return spring and gate spring weakened over time. Of my current .41 Blackhawk and Stainless Super Blackhawk, 3 Vaqueros in .45, 357, and 22 convertible all with thousands of rounds through them, they work for me.

Regards

Top Bottom