• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So for many years I used Brownells Master ScrewDriver set on my bench. About 5 years ago I replaced it with the 83 piece Wheeler set. Maybe it is me, but the bits seem more delicate than my older set. I have twisted or broke about 5 now. Battenfield has replaced them under warranty but I thought perhaps INGOERS might have something to say?

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    So for many years I used Brownells Master ScrewDriver set on my bench. About 5 years ago I replaced it with the 83 piece Wheeler set. Maybe it is me, but the bits seem more delicate than my older set. I have twisted or broke about 5 now. Battenfield has replaced them under warranty but I thought perhaps INGOERS might have something to say?

I have the same wheeler set and have had similar issues with them being too brittle or too soft, thus causing the breaking or twisting. Had them for a number of years now, they've served their purpose but still irritating that some failed.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I've got the master set also, had it for almost 25 years and have managed to break one bit. And I'm rough with my tool. I don't think you can beat that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Churchmouse, what set do you use from brownells?

I actually put the set together. I had a set that was not well mad and bought a small set of standard blade bits in a set of 12 I believe. They are great so I have expanded the set as needed. All from Brownells.
    Looking back I should have just bought the big set to begin with,

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have the same problem with the Wheeler screwdriver bits. Some of them break off and I'm not using them to open paint cans, or as chisels, or center punches.

Top Bottom