Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Magwell for Kimber 1911

Anyone know a great 1911 pistolsmith in southern Indiana who can properly fit a magwell to a 1911? Also, ideas on what manufacturer/model is best. I would prefer something my Wilson/rogers mags will still work with.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

That should be Kimber 1911

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Gov model...?????
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

5" classic custom

User Info Menu

I would just get one of these Chen Custom 'shooter installed' magwells, they are designed to match up closely with existing beveled magwells so you might not even need a gunsmith.

https://store.chencustom.com/product_p/si-mag.htm

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Smith & Alexander is my go to. There is usually no fitment involved past trimming on the grips depending on what grips you have or get.
    Brownells.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info guys! I will look into both options.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Smith & Alexander is my go to. There is usually no fitment involved past trimming on the grips depending on what grips you have or get.
    Brownells.
    The only issue with S&A's is while they are easy to install, on factory beveled guns the S&A's overhang the original beveled magwell and look unfinished unless they are blended albeit that is just a cosmetic issue and may only bother me. S&A's been around for years and they usually worked just right on Colt's but they haven't really kept up with the times and changing factory frames. I can't believe they are 100.00 now, been awhile since I ordered one!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    The only issue with S&A's is while they are easy to install, on factory beveled guns the S&A's overhang the original beveled magwell and look unfinished unless they are blended albeit that is just a cosmetic issue and may only bother me. S&A's been around for years and they usually worked just right on Colt's but they haven't really kept up with the times and changing factory frames. I can't believe they are 100.00 now, been awhile since I ordered one!
    I always blend. Yeah it bothers me but not sure what the Kimber has. Not a Kimber guy.
    The Chens are new to me.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I always blend. Yeah it bothers me but not sure what the Kimber has. Not a Kimber guy.
    The Chens are new to me.
    Ok, so lets discuss this blending.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast