• ...and so much more!
  • hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    97   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem
    I took my VP9 apart for cleaning. When putting it back together I put the slide on before inserting the disassembly lever in the frame. The slide is on and will lock back. It will go forward to the point where the slide is 1/8 or 3/16" in front of the frame. I realize I did it out of order, but how can the slide be removed from the frame so that I can put the disassembly lever in?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I took my VP9 apart for cleaning. When putting it back together I put the slide on before inserting the disassembly lever in the frame. The slide is on and will lock back. It will go forward to the point where the slide is 1/8 or 3/16" in front of the frame. I realize I did it out of order, but how can the slide be removed from the frame so that I can put the disassembly lever in?

Tried taking it apart upside down? Not familiar with the pistol. Just guessing.l

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Are you sure the Recoil Spring Assembly is installed correctly? Could be in wrong notch/bit off?
    Similar issue on HK forum, they had success using pliers to force RSA into correct position.
    Another similar issue, they manipulated the slide back/forth, while using various amounts of trigger manipulation, and after a few tries, it slid right off.

hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    97   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem
    Adjusted the recoil spring using a small punch. Not sure if that was the cause, but by working it back and forth and pulling the trigger, it is apart once again.

Thanks to all!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Reminds me of what happens on some Sig 320 X Carry pistols, if you don't orient the recoil spring assembly properly before re-assembling.

Top Bottom