Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Bolt together AR15 lower

Thought I'd share an old project of mine I did a few years ago. I've had a couple individuals ask about it in other threads I've posted it, so here it is.

First off I just want to say this is NOT my design, nor will I take credit for it. Whom ever the original creator was, they're definitely a creative one and kudos to them.

I just happened to stumble across it on GrabCAD one day. I thought it was a very interesting concept and worth experimentation. For the most part if you're half way familiar with a Bridgeport you could machine one of these up in about a day.

By no means is it ascetically pleasing but its a very good example of what it takes minimally for a firearm to work. Whats important, whats not. I have about $40 in the entire pistol. The lower literally came from the scrap barrel. Some pieces still have scaring from the scrap barrel the never fully cleaned up when I machined it. Other parts like the barrel were given to me, because they were "broken." I tend to twist the term broken around from time to time... One man's trash is another man's treasure.

One of these days I'll have to get some prints made up from the models if anyone wants to build one of their own later. It does have some design limitations. Such as not having a bolt catch, no detents for the take down pins and its limited to just the traditional steel mags. I don't know how the durability would be over time, but it isn't something that I'm going to blast 1000s of rounds out of it anytime soon. Just purely experimental. With a little thought and creativity it could be redesigned, which might be something I do later. But for now I've got bigger projects to fool with for the time being lolol.

User Info Menu

This is super neat. Nicely done, and thanks for taking the time for our curiosity!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IronsKeeper View Post
    This is super neat. Nicely done, and thanks for taking the time for our curiosity!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    No problem Ironskeeper

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

That is very well laid out. Impressive.

Now....will it run....

Makes me wish I had not sold my mill.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post

Makes me wish I had one. it's on my long list of machines to purchase one of these days.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    That is very well laid out. Impressive.

Now....will it run....

Oh yes. Pop cans at 100 yards all day long.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Is that steel? Could it be machined from 6061? I have the capability to machine the 6061. What's the legalities?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Studio 417 View Post
    Is that steel? Could it be machined from 6061? I have the capability to machine the 6061. What's the legalities?
    You can manufacture a firearm for personal use, but you cannot sell it. As long as the firearm you are making is legal, you can make pretty much whatever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    You can manufacture a firearm for personal use, but you cannot sell it. As long as the firearm you are making is legal, you can make pretty much whatever you want.
    Thanks. I'll have to get the file, and give it a try.

Plinker

User Info Menu

That is very awsome, definitely something I would not mind trying someday. I just have to get a few more spare parts together.

Last edited by ARRAY; 4 Days Ago at 22:38. Reason: Incomplete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast