• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not sure if I picked the correct forum. Mod's please move if necessary.

I am going to have the slide on my M&P 2.0 compact milled for a RMR with the cut for a rear sight.

AllenM doesn't have the necessary equipment/tool to do this mod.

ZR Tactical, though I have contacted them, seem to be more in the mass machining business. I got the impression that anything like what I'm looking for is side work at best, an inconvenience possibly at worst. Plus, they don't have a way to get pricing online and order.

I looked up DP Custom Works. They look okay. I like that they specialize in slide work. Prices seem competitive and it's easy to order what you want online.

Has anyone has any work done by them? Are they good to go? Thanks.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Who woulda thunk that folks here haven't used DP before.

We are pretty good at supporting our local folks and I try to also. But it appears I'm not finding the right local so I'm going to give them a try.

The reviews and comments on other sights seem to be positive.

Wish me luck!:)

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I just sent my M&P 2.0 slide to them for RMR cut, DP101 milling, and a full refinish including base plates. Doug has been incredibly helpful in a lot of circumstances so far. I can’t speak for his work yet, but I’m very expectant I’ll be super happy based on recommendations I’ve been given.

Ive for a HRS RMR to go on there, and a ALS in multicam being made for this setup to fit an X300U. Pretty excited!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I just sent my M&P 2.0 slide to them for RMR cut, DP101 milling, and a full refinish including base plates. Doug has been incredibly helpful in a lot of circumstances so far. I can’t speak for his work yet, but I’m very expectant I’ll be super happy based on recommendations I’ve been given.

Ive for a HRS RMR to go on there, and a ALS in multicam being made for this setup to fit an X300U. Pretty excited!

Let me know who it turns out!

I have asked Doug if the Holosun 507K would fit on my Shield slide. I may be sending that to him if I am happy with the work on my compact and he can do it.

Edit: Doug just responded that he could as long as I sent the RD with the slide!

Top Bottom