OK, which of you INGO Gun Smithers put this AK together???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Wow... lol. I've seen some horribly bubba'd firearms, including a 10 ga single-shot shotgun sawed off to about 7" with a hack-sawed pistol grip, but that AK takes the cake.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I want to know "the rest of the story"

Who did that?
    How did he end up with it?
    What's it up to now? Recycled in to some sheet metal or something?

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse

Who did that?
    It’s either a transferable machinegun or a post sample.

so someone either used a 10-30k$ receiver to build a krink, or some SOT really sucks at their job.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Makes me feel like an OCD perfectionist.

I know I don't always do the best work, some of it's just "good enough" for myself, but day-um.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Who did that?

Well I know (this might not be popular) but Brandon Herrera also did a review on this AK and offered to rebuild it and fix it for FREE.

[video=youtube;gxu5RGO_eJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxu5RGO_eJ4[/video] [h=2]Brandon Herrera[/h]

[h=2]Brandon Herrera[/h]

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Man, I thought some of my hack jobs were bad (OK, my only real "hack job" was modifying 33 rd Beretta magazine to fit my Taurus 24/7) but as an AK lover this hurt my soul

I do have a theory about that barrel that he said was a mystery. I think he bought an off-the-shelf 556 AK barrel, but it was 16in for a rifle. He got in the white because it was cheaper and chopped off the end and modified for the Krinkov gas block himself. As for a gas port, its probably the one thing he had someone else do (after he cut the barrel down but before he butchered it for the gas block)

shawnppickett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Stupid question of the day, the first problem sign they point out is the fact that it's using a PMAG. As someone who doesn't have any experience with AK or AR platform, why are PMAGs bad?

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Stupid question of the day, the first problem sign they point out is the fact that it's using a PMAG. As someone who doesn't have any experience with AK or AR platform, why are PMAGs bad?
    My experience with ProMag in my AK is that the magazines are thin and not very strong. Two came with my AK when I bought it and both broke within a week just from being locked into place

That said, I have a few ProMags for my pistols and they are great, but they are also steel and not plastic

shawnppickett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My experience with ProMag in my AK is that the magazines are thin and not very strong. Two came with my AK when I bought it and both broke within a week just from being locked into place That said, I have a few ProMags for my pistols and they are great, but they are also steel and not plastic
    Ahh, got you, my Sig Sauer AR Tread I just bought last weekend came with a plastic ProMag, it seems thick enough, I'll have to keep an eye on it and see how it performs after I've had it a bit. :::Corection::: The included Magazine was a Magpul PMAG which is apparently different than a ProMag...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom