Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Power Custom Competition Extended Magazine Release Ruger 10/22

Was wondering if anyone has used this magazine release? If so how do you like it. I'm thinking about getting one for my 10/22.

Competition Ext. Magazine Release [PC-EMR] - $29.99 : GrandMasters L.L.C., Gunsmithing, Ruger 10-22, AK-47, Ruger, AR-15, Ruger Accessories, Gunsmithing Tools and Gun Accessories
    Last edited by DadSmith; 07-08-2020 at 04:29.

Expert

User Info Menu

I have to ask one question.

Do you use your 10/22 for hunting? If the answer is "yes" DON'T get an extended mag. release.

I have one on my Mag Research from the factory and HATE it. If I rest my 10/22 on a limb or stump or hook it on something it drops the mag.

I also know several people that have lost mags in the woods because they got bumped and dropped the mag during the hunt.

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I have one on a Steel Challenge gun and love it but would never have it on a gun I planed to hunt with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones223 View Post
    I have to ask one question.

Do you use your 10/22 for hunting? If the answer is "yes" DON'T get an extended mag. release.

I have one on my Mag Research from the factory and HATE it. If I rest my 10/22 on a limb or stump or hook it on something it drops the mag.

I also know several people that have lost mags in the woods because they got bumped and dropped the mag during the hunt.
    Yes I do hunt with it. The factory magazine release already hits things and drops it out. I figured this might help since it's longer and looks like it would be harder for it to get pushed as you are walking through brush etc since is sits almost flush with your trigger guard.

Does anyone make a flush magazine release for them now days?
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

If your factory mag release is plastic, just take some of the bump off.

Personally I prefer the flush mag release.
    Mines aluminum, since its from '70.

LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
    If your factory mag release is plastic, just take some of the bump off.

Personally I prefer the flush mag release.
    Mines aluminum, since its from '70.

LOL
    That's the one I want. Yes its plastic so I will order a replacement, and try your idea. If I don't like it I can just switch it for the new one.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.