• edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hi,
    My son in law has a Colt 1911 with a stuck extractor.
    The firing pin stop plate and firing pin has been removed.

He lives some distance away, but in talking to him I do know he's stood the slide on end with barrel end up, and put PM Blaster in the extractor channel for a few days.
    It still won't budge.

He's hesitant to soak the whole slide in penetrating oil because he fears it could mess up the bluing.

I've offered to help him with this, but he's insistent he wants to do it himself.
    ANY suggestions I could pass on to him that would help get this extractor out without messing up the bluing would be greatly appreciated.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Nope. If he cant get it out he needs to let someone with the right skills/tools do it for him.

Just saying.

I was hoping you'd chime on this.
    Do you think it would be a waste of time to soak the entire slide in penetrating oil like PB Blaster or Kroil before turning over to somebody?

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    thought he could not get it out didn't say it did not move also is it a series 70 or 80 with FP block
    need a little more information I usually put a piece of brass shim stock over the rear of the slide to protect it and use a small screw driver to lever the ejector up out of the tunnel

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    thought he could not get it out didn't say it did not move also is it a series 70 or 80 with FP block
    need a little more information I usually put a piece of brass shim stock over the rear of the slide to protect it and use a small screw driver to lever the ejector up out of the tunnel

Truth. I have been so deep is mainly 70 series this was not a thought. Would be if I had the slide.

Read the post. He said it would not budge. I am seeing your thoughts here.

Top Bottom