• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My CZ decocker doesn't work. I bought it used, but the prior owner claims to have only run a box of ammo through it and I believe him. Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to get the round count over 200 and see if it improves.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I hate to be this guy, but mine requires a little extra "oomph" to get it to activate.

Most new folks that try it never get it because they don't know how hard to push on it.

It moves freely with a lot of travel, the last part takes some extra squeezing.

Just throwing this out there because it is a little difficult...mine anyway, until I was accustomed to it.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Is that the Rami you bought from me about a year ago?

edit: actually it was in November of 2018

Yes it is. Sadly I've had little chance to use it. I should have explained in my OP, the decocker doesn't work. As I said, maybe it just needs to get broken in with more rounds through it.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I'm still not understanding just what you mean by it doesn't work. Are you saying that it doesn't move the hammer at all?

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I know the decocking lever is harder to "de-cock" on a Rami than a full sized CZ. I think it has to do with less leverage with the shorter grip.

I know that I bought it new, shot very few rounds through it, then sold it to you. It was in perfect working order when I sold it, otherwise I wouldn't had sold it without full disclosure.

If you cock the hammer, then push the decocker lever down, really hard, does the hammer drop? Like Karl said, the lever moves very easily until it engages the sear (I think), then it is very stiff until the hammer drops.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    When pushing the de-cocking lever, it is a little like pulling a DA trigger with the hammer already cocked.

Push the lever down until all the slack is taken up. Then, push a little more. The hammer should move just a little bit farther back. And it "clicks".

When you let the pressure off of the lever the hammer lowers and you can feel the spring tension all the way through the lever motion.

Mine pushes a lot harder than the slide release. Just guessing, when it was new, it probably took 10-15 pounds of pressure to actuate.

I hope this helps. No offenses intended, I always hate the "blame the operator" approach.

Best of luck to you.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    If you would like, I can meet you at the same place (St. John PD I believe) and look at the Rami for you. If it is defective, I will gladly give you your money back.

Or if you want a third party to look at it, go to this thread-

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-nwi-ingo-general-post-part-18-legal-now.html

They are INGO members in your area and are good people that will be able to look at it for you.

Either way, I will make good on it if it turns out to be defective.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks guys, I figured it out. I simply wasn't applying enough pressure to the lever. Really like this gun and have to get out and shoot it. I always appreciate how INGO folks help out with various questions.

Top Bottom