• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I know the new releases are somewhat controversial and hard to come by, but I'm not finding much on action work for them. Are they too new or is it just disassemble and work out any rough spots and typical revolver slicking tricks? I've got AGI DVD's from a relative and one with Miculek doing his action work on S&W.

Buzz Saw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Southeast IN
    I've been a Colt revolver guy for probably forty years, for whatever that's worth. I really haven't heard of anyone, including me, that thought the new Colt's needed action work as they are really nice out of the box. That being said, never trust the corner 'smith to work on a legacy Colt revolver, as there are only a handful of gunsmiths left
    that really understand the workings of the V spring action, and usually the local gunsmith will do more harm than good. An excellent S&W guy will be like a lost ball in high weeds on a Colt. The legacy revolver uses surface hardened parts that a file or stone will render as useless in short order.

I would have to say that a trained COLT revolver smith would have no problems with the new Colt series of revolvers though and if work was needed or wanted, that short list would be my only recomendation. Frank Glenn of Glenn's Custom Gunsmithing in Phoenix, AZ is the only one I let touch any of my Colts. He is responsive to e-mail and could answer your questions about the new Colts.
    Frank Glenn-Glenn Custom Complete Gunsmithing Service Glendale AZ

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Thanks for the input. When production catches up on the 2020 models, provided they get to some sort of semblance of retail pricing, I’d be out for two 4.25” models. I’m hoping they’ve less interest among the cosplayers looking to channel Rick Grimes. I've seen my share of internals who got worked over way past the case hardening. I’ll keep this guys info handy. Now, if S&W would get rid of the hole…

Top Bottom