• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Hey everyone!

I have a Charter Arms snubbie (post charter-2000) that only let’s me open the chamber if I push the button AND pull forward in the ejector rod. Any ideas how I could fix it?

I’m wanting time sell it but nobody is going to buy a gun that’s hard to open and reload.

Thanks!

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I bought one a few years ago that the same issue. I was told to disassemble and give it a good cleaning. It was gummed up pretty good. After the cleaning, it has worked as it is supposed to ever since.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I bought one a few years ago that the same issue. I was told to disassemble and give it a good cleaning. It was gummed up pretty good. After the cleaning, it has worked as it is supposed to ever since.
    I cleaned it but the issue is the ejector rod sits too far back when it’s closed up. When I push the Cylinder release forward it doesn’t push the ejector rod forward enough to release it.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    With a S&W the ejector rod can be adjusted by screwing/unscrewing the rod itself. Don't know anything about charter, and I'm not a gunsmith, so don't do anything that might screw up the gun based on my advice.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I cleaned it but the issue is the ejector rod sits too far back when it’s closed up. When I push the Cylinder release forward it doesn’t push the ejector rod forward enough to release it.

I think what Ddillard is suggesting is to disassemble the revolver and see if maybe some gunk or debris is blocking the cylinder release from moving the rod forward enough to open the cylinder. But, only if you feel comfortable enough to do it.

Edit: Here is the Charter Arms customer service number. I haven't ever called them but I have heard they are very helpful and can provide parts and repair recommendations. (866)-769-4867

Last edited:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I figured it out. There’s this little flat head bolt that sits behind the ejector rod and I just had to bring it out a little bit.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I was just going to suggest what you did. That pin is what opens the cylinder latch and it will move in and out from recoil so keep a close eye on it and every other threaded fastener on a Charter. They're just like a Harley Davidson - things are ALWAYS loosening up. That's why everyone has a toolkit on their Harley. If you feel adventerous enough to tear the gun completely down you can degrease all the threaded fasteners and apply a drop of blue Loc tite ( NOT RED!) and it will help some. I always told customers to keep a set of drivers for the screws in the range bag and check those screws frequently. I've seen guys forget about it and screws would work out and fall on the ground. Total bummer......

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    If you feel adventurous enough to tear the gun completely down you can de-grease all the threaded fasteners and apply a drop of [STRIKE]blue[/STRIKE] PURPLE Loctite (NOT RED!) and it will help some.

FIFY. Blue is for bolts. Red is for **** that you never want to move without fire.

Purple is for things like screws and firearms.

Top Bottom