Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: HK VP9 Machining

Plinker

User Info Menu

HK VP9 Machining

Hi,

First "real" post.

I have a HK VP9 that does not have the cutout for red dot sights. My observation is that there are fewer machinist that do VP9 cuts (many that say they can, but fewer that have actually done them). I found someone that has done several of these that is out of state. However, I thought I would see if there is anyone in IN that could do it for me. I would send the slide and the sight together to get the work done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

User Info Menu

Try Allen M here on INGO. He owns Diamond Collision and does a lot of custom gun work. There is even a sub forum dedicated to Diamond Collision.

Another option might be ZR Tactical in Noblesville. https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/

I don't know how easy it is to make optics cuts for a VP, but HK did just come out with a new version that is optics ready from the factory.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Try Allen M here on INGO. He owns Diamond Collision and does a lot of custom gun work. There is even a sub forum dedicated to Diamond Collision.

Another option might be ZR Tactical in Noblesville. https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/

I don't know how easy it is to make optics cuts for a VP, but HK did just come out with a new version that is optics ready from the factory.
    Thank you! I will look into both.

Yes, my VP9 is a couple of years old and does not have the optics ready mount.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TGM123 View Post
    Thank you! I will look into both.

Yes, my VP9 is a couple of years old and does not have the optics ready mount.
    I found Allen M but it looks like I am too much of a Newbie to DM him yet (only three posts so it won't let me). Maybe he will come across this thread.

User Info Menu

His day-job business is Diamond Collision in Avon, which is where his shop is located also. He did stellar work making an optics cut on my Glock slide.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Another thumbs up for Alan and his optic cut for an RMR on my G20.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'll vouch for him doing a VP9. He did mine a few years ago. Several thousand rounds later, no issue at all.

Sent from my OnePlus 8 Pro using Tapatalk