Thread: Gunsmiths in the Bloomington area

User Info Menu

Gunsmiths in the Bloomington area

Anyone know of a good Gunsmith in the Bloomington area?

Also, which ones should be avoided.

thanks

User Info Menu

Short drive up to Mooresville. I've had Rob at the Gunrack do some work for me and I couldn't be happier.

User Info Menu

O'Fishel Gunworks just North of Gosport is who I deal with. I deal with Jim quite a bit, and he really does good work.
    A federal republic is a federation of states with a republican form of government. A federation is the central government. The states in a federation also maintain all political sovereignty that they do not yield to the federation.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. Mike8170,, I take it you were in the 04 ?

User Info Menu

No good gunsmiths in Bloomington. Steer clear of American Arms. Too many horror stories. I also went in a while back and asked for a Mid-Length gas tube and they said that wasn't a very common length for AR gas systems. That gave me a good chuckle as I left.
    "Eis Aner Oudeis Aner"

Ark

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    No good gunsmiths in Bloomington. Steer clear of American Arms. Too many horror stories. I also went in a while back and asked for a Mid-Length gas tube and they said that wasn't a very common length for AR gas systems. That gave me a good chuckle as I left.
    Yeah I've had my own bad experiences and have never been a fan of their attitude.

JM Gunsmithing in Greenwood is worth the drive. Call first, the number on Google is good but the address is not.

User Info Menu

John Kleigh down at Mitchell. I am sure I butchered the spelling of his name though. He has threaded some barrels for me in the past. Also repaired a Model 19.
    Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean nobody is out to get you.

User Info Menu

MP custom in Linton is a master with 1911s
    Fascism is the perversion of conservatism, communism is the perversion of liberalism.

User Info Menu

I am looking to have someone do some trigger work on an FN 509 tactical and have heard it is a nightmare to do yourself with a high likelyhood of cracking the frame...... would love to have someone local do it!

User Info Menu

AJ Brown Arms