• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Experience is one thing that can be shared, but ATF has determined that sharing tooling for such activities is illegal unless, of course, the machinery owner is a licensed manufacturer (SOT) making something for you. If you own the machinery yourself you can build to your hearts content- without selling what you have made. Others will be along soon with better info. Are you an ATF agent??

Elitewill1200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2020
    West Lafayette
    As far I understood, that only applied to making a lower from 80% into a firearm. I can easily do that part myself, it's the barrel pressing and riveting stuff I'm not so sure about

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    It's been over 10 yrs but I modded a harbor freight bolt cutter to crush my rivets in the front trunion. The barrel was pressed in using a threaded rod and some brass washers if I remember.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Experience is one thing that can be shared, but ATF has determined that sharing tooling for such activities is illegal unless, of course, the machinery owner is a licensed manufacturer (SOT) making something for you. If you own the machinery yourself you can build to your hearts content- without selling what you have made. Others will be along soon with better info. Are you an ATF agent??

So, how does this differ from AK build parties? Or are those now verboten?

Hey all, getting my feet wet into an ak build but don't have access to a shop. Anyone willing to help me out with their experience or tooling? I can make it worth your time!
    That's the sort of thing that gets someone a trip to club fed.

Top Bottom