• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Up for sale is a good condition Smith and Wesson DA 45. I received this gun from a friends elderly father. The revolver functions as it should and is chambered in 45 LC. Everything appears to be original. Asking $1000 or best offer. The price is based off of what I see them for on Gun Broker. Feel free to make an offer. All reasonable offers considered. If you have any information on this revolver, that would be greatly appreciated also. I'm in Shelbyville and want to keep the sale close to home. Thanks for looking!

The bottom of the grip has no US property markings. The serial number is the only thing that appears on the bottom of the grip.

upload free images and get link

Last edited:

Splagt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Central Indiana
    This is a model 1917, originally produced for WWI, when production of 1911s couldn't keep up with demand. They were chambered in 45ACP and used half or full moon clips to hold the rimless cartridges. There appear to be British proof marks on the weapon, indicating use by England. The grips are commercial from early 1900s and are replacements. The original grips were smooth walnut. Are you sure about the chambering for 45 Colt?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    From the markings I would bet that this is a gun made in 455 Webley and has been rebarreled with a 1917 US barrel. The grips are civilian not US military, but if I remember correctly some were sold with these grips to Canada and the UK in 1915. All in all I think you have a gun where the barrel has been replaced but everything else belongs there.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Look at the butt of the revolver where the lanyard ring is located. It may show a U.S. property stamp also.

Solid idea here, I had forgotten about the stampings next to the lanyard ring. That would confirm it's origin.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK folks. Stop bumping this ad. Seriously.
    I agree with all that has been stated here and it is related to the firearm posted but the 24 hour bump rule will be enforced from this oint forward.

Be safe everyone,

-CM-

Top Bottom