• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josey Wales

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    been thinkin about gettin a Ruger P345, i really like the way they look and feel, do they perform as well as the SR9, or would i be wasting my time and more importantly, my chedder

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I've had mine for going on 4 years, and never had a problem with it. Isn't picky about ammo, eats everything I have ever fed it and asks for more, will put 8 rounds in a group the size of your palm at 25 yds, and is my primary carry gun.

:draw:

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Why doesn't Ruger get the respect it seems to deserve? I've heard so many good reviews of this and other Rugers?
    /

Great question,
    I've been a ruger fan all of my life.
    They've had some fantastic designs that are still being produced today.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I have a P89 and love it. A little big to carry, but a damn fine weapon. It goes bang every time a pull the triger(as long as there is one in the pipe)

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Why doesn't Ruger get the respect it seems to deserve? I've heard so many good reviews of this and other Rugers?
    /

Because Rugers have never been cute, hip, slick, or pretty looking, they have always been big, chunky, and ugly. Nobody seems to care that they are built like a tank, will take tons of abuse, still go bang, generally cost 1/2 to 2/3rds what the "hip, and pretty" hand guns do, and unlike Glock or Sig to name a few, are made in the good old USA.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    unlike Glock or Sig to name a few, are made in the good old USA.
    I like those foreign guns, no magazine disconnect safeties like Ruger.:rolleyes:

I do like their products, I just wish they didn't put ridiculous things like that on their firearms.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    They don't tend to have a lot of LEO or Military contracts either. This doesn't help their "cred".

I personally don't like the looks of the Ruger semi-autos and they tend to have ungainly controls (for me). Then again, I got rid of my plastic fantastic, whiz-bang SW99 in favor of a 1911. I like the Ruger Vaquero and I'm really keen to pick up a GP100 or SP101 in .357, the right one hasn't presented itself to me. Smiths look better, but Ruger doesn't put that infernal lock on revolvers!

Because Rugers have never been cute, hip, slick, or pretty looking, they have always been big, chunky, and ugly. Nobody seems to care that they are built like a tank, will take tons of abuse, still go bang, generally cost 1/2 to 2/3rds what the "hip, and pretty" hand guns do, and unlike Glock or Sig to name a few, are made in the good old USA.

Top Bottom